Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

van

Options
  • 10-04-2007 7:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

howya all, i have a nissan interstar van 2.5 i started it up and it just reved like mad i had to take keys out and run also useing a lot of oil no leaks i can find its driving great can anyone help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

this sounds a little like something that used to happen Isuzu Troopers, problem with injector seals letting diesel into the sump

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 wexdub

Thanks colm, i make note of that any idea if that would cause the engine to burn oil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭bushy...

Last time i seen it happen the thing involved definitely went well beyond its designed rev limit. It may have done as little as dislodge an internal plug/seal ( i know of one engine that can do just that sometimes for other reasons. ) . Or maybe it did a little more

Advertisement