Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

timber windows do they warp??

Options
  • 10-04-2007 7:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

hi all
    i know i have seen something on here before about this but i can t find it on the search engine so here goes.

We are getting timber windows for our new build house, they are from riverview timberframe and are domex windows (from poland).
    They are made of scandinavian pine and i have heard somewhere that these can warp over time due to our different climate. Does anyone know if this is true or have any experience of it??

Secondly what sort of guarantee in terms of years would be expected from a window supplier???

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 eire1977

Newbuild06,
    I know it's nearly a year since you posted your question ..... and my question to you isn't even related to windows!!!
    Riverview TF .... how did you get on with them?? Do you think their standard of work was good?? Any problems with them (time, costs, etc)
    I'm building a TF 220sqM house soon and have gotten a really good quote off Riverview. Sometimes good quotes don't mean good quality ... so I'm just fishing for any info about them that might come in handy.

Thanks,

Advertisement