Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Manson back

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Froot

I cannot understand why people have these obscure views of famous people.

I mean a lot of people probably think he is an extremist in some sense of the word, with all the makeup and blah blah blah. He appears to be as normal as anyone else. The makeup? Well he is an ugly bastid underneath so why not. Dita Von Teese was mint though o.0

Fame, who needs it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭experiMental

Anyway, got the album yesterday. It's good, I like it. It's another typical Manson affair. But with a hint of emo....

Maybe he has finally decided to come out of his closet about his emo-ish tendecies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Maybe he has finally decided to come out of his closet about his emo-ish tendecies.

nah, it's just that conformity is shocking these days :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

i Think the new album is alright,heart shaped glasses was stuck in my head for ages

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

nah, it's just that conformity is shocking these days :D

I was shocked!
    A big emo looking love heart on the disc, and songs with titles like 'Red Carpet Grave' and 'Mutilation is the Most Sincere Form of Flatery'.

Does this mean I'm emo?

• Advertisement

I was shocked!
    A big emo looking love heart on the disc, and songs with titles like 'Red Carpet Grave' and 'Mutilation is the Most Sincere Form of Flatery'.

Does this mean I'm emo?

Anyway, after giving the album a proper digest I have to admit it has barely grown on me.
    It is a really strange album and untill you hear Manson singing, you would have difficulty knowing it was a Manson album. I checked the credits and the entire album was written by Manson and Skold. Absoloutly no input from the other 'members'. I'm not sure that I appreciate that. The musicians of the band always wrote good music and when Skold was a contributor of equal parts, I also enjoyed. But now that he is the sole writer, alot of stuff that I'm not sure I like is surfacing. Whatsmore, some of the guitar riffs sound like something you would expect to hear from a British indie band like the Arctic Monkeys or something.
    How and ever, I'll keep listening and see if it grows on me further.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Ive only listened to 3 or 4 tracks so far and I am pleasantly suprised by the album. I think it is actually quite good, although saying that I sis have extreamely low expectations of the album.

I really do dispise heart shaped glasses though .

What kind of reviews is this album getting in the press good/bad?

All good, but sure they're never anything to go by.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Yeah I know I just wanted to know how my taste was compared to all of the reviewers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 MetalMaiden

I was pleasently surprised by EMDM. What with Linkin Park and all these other formerly awesome bands selling out I was afraid he'd do the same. But I actually really like every single song except Heart-Shaped Glasses. I mean really, wtf? It's all....happy or emo or something....Disgusting whatever it is. But songs like Evidence and Eat Me, Drink Me totally make up for it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭mc nuggets

I was shocked!

Does this mean I'm emo?
    As far as i know "mutilation is the most sincere form of flattery" is making fun of the whole emo scene

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

I am impressed with this, though I wasn't expecting much from the reviews. Its very 80's sounding and I can hear Alice Cooper all over it. Then again I liked his last album where most people didn't.

Yeah it's not without it's charm but Holy Wood remains my favourite.

Advertisement