Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cd shops in Galway

Options
  • 10-04-2007 7:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭

What would you say is the best place to get CDs in Galway?
    In the town you grow up in you normally know the best places to get CDs, like over here there's a tiny CD shop that specializes in punk, most of the CDs are around 10 euros, is there anywhere like that in Galway?
    For years when I was there Zhivago seemed the only place to get anything, and seemed pretty overpriced, now there's a HMV which makes it more interesting but the stuff is still pretty expensive.

I love Punk so is there any small/well stocked places in the area as I'm moving there in summer.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Tesco for me but mainly for new releases only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭singloud

Yeah, Tesco does have good prices, sadly the selection isn't the best for old stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭sweetoblivion

support your local independent record store and buy from Redlight Records on eglinton st! :) they do a great ordering system too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

Agreed, Redlight have a fantastic ordering system. But remember Zhivago's are as local as you can get. Only they don't need your money, and ... well I have issues with the ownership.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

HMV and Zhivagos, but as has been said they are quite expensive

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭singloud

I did notice Redlight but they seemed pretty small, how much would an ordered CD cost.

I dislike Zhivago, what's you ownership issue?

Advertisement