Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comic Jam Bar-B-Q?

Options
  • 10-04-2007 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭

So I've already mentioned this to some people on here, I was planning to have a Bar-B-Q at my place in two weeks - sit around, eat, drink and maybe draw some comics but I started thinking that stead of rushing something together, it might be worth planning and having a proper comic jam.

So heres the scope. I live in kilkenny [city/town what ever you want to call it] I have an ok backgraden and I found a Bar-B-Q set in the shed last night so i don't need to go get one. I will have food and drink [both alcoholic and non], music, and good times :D If you don't want to draw a jam comic you don't have to, your welcome to just come and hang out, thou we will prob be taking comics.........alot.

I'm beside the train/bus station that is on the waterford/dublin train line.....if people live nearish to kilkenny [less then an hour] I can pick people up and drop them home after.

I've three bedrooms, two couches and tons of floor space for people to crash. I was thinking saturday would be best, I know people work and **** at the weekends so if another day would suit people better then comment and majority rules - my job is pretty flexable so doesn't bother me to much.

Doesn't matter if you havent come to one of the other comic jams or if i've never meet you, as long as you don't break or steal **** from my house your welcome to come. Check earlier threads or my blog for reports of the last comic jam.

So can people shout out dates that suit them please or might be better if you say the dates that are def no no's

- the weekend of the 12th of may is out as i will be Bristol for the comic con as is the 14th to the 24th of June as I'll be new york for MoCCA but any other dates are fine for me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭the Shades

Your original date of April 26th suits me, of course it's going to have to be a weekend for me because of work during the week lol Give me a shout if you want food/drink supplies you can't always be supplying everything for everyone :D

I'm actually doing some comic work as I type this :O the horror!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

the Shades wrote:
    Give me a shout if you want food/drink supplies you can't always be supplying everything for everyone :D

Might get you to bring some meat as I'm a veggie and while I won't mind people cooking and eating meat [as long as I don't have to], I don't know if I'll be able to go out and buy it. Plus I've been a veggie for over 12 years so I've actually no clue how to cook meat :D

ztoical wrote:
    Might get you to bring some meat as I'm a veggie and while I won't mind people cooking and eating meat [as long as I don't have to], I don't know if I'll be able to go out and buy it. Plus I've been a veggie for over 12 years so I've actually no clue how to cook meat :D

No problem, leave the meat cooking to us carnivores ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,700 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

text me thursday to remind me to get it off work, but the w/e after next should be grand. might take the opportunity to get teh bike out for a long spin if the weather suits :)

(do you mind meat products being prepared in your kitchen? I make a savage burger but dragging them all the way up from cork may not be soo hygienic)

Tree wrote:
    text me thursday to remind me to get it off work, but the w/e after next should be grand. might take the opportunity to get teh bike out for a long spin if the weather suits :)

(do you mind meat products being prepared in your kitchen? I make a savage burger but dragging them all the way up from cork may not be soo hygienic)

text u this thursday coming or the thursday before the bar-b-q?

don't mind meat in my kitchen as I'll set up an area for meat and an area for non meat :) And feel free to invite any of the lads form cork. Are you going to drive? Let me know as i'll email you directions to mine or else you can always take the train to thurles and i can pick you up.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,700 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

Great stuff, i might drive the love of my life (motorbike) up if the weather is fine, so fingers crossed.

Guess its offical for the 28th of April then - starting round 3pm? is that good time for a bar-b-q or should it be later?

3 is a great time for ppl to start arriving to make the further trip to tesco for various yokies and stuff. 6 is the more likely kick off time though, im my long experience of bbq'ing.

I'd agree with Tree on this one, was thinking it would be easier to buy meat there instead of bringing it with me. We can all do shopping together lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭thumbninja

Cheers fer the text Ztoc :)

sorry can't make it. comics AND food.. sounds dreeaamy

• Advertisement

AND booze if we play our cards right. We may even be able to force dancing upon the heathens

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

You know where you can put your dancing, don't you? Sure last time dancing happened all I heard was complaints that people kept getting bits of themselves fondled by other people. You don't get that when you're propping up the bar somewhere, you know...

(My vote is for food, comics, booze and lounging around enjoying whatever we're given in the way of weather that weekend...)

so the meun is looking like this:

lots of rolls, coslaw, patato salad, some more salad type stuff, avacado salad [i make a mean avacado salad] veggie burgers, meat burgers [not made by me :)] Cheese, dips for salad and burgers, some new patatos to bar-b-q........hmmmmm that sounds like it should fill people....anything else really bar-b-q-y im forgetting?

I'll make something for desesrt as well

Drinks - beside some bottles of coke, club orange..... what are people drinking? I'll be getting cider of course but what else? people happy with bud or carlsberg or do people want something else??

also there will be no shortage of comics to read at my place.

mmmm... meat... more meat...

whoops daydreaming ;)

Can't have a barbie without wine but I'll take care of that :D And as for dancing does this give me an excuse to play DJ? Bet I can even get Fysh grooving, with whatever exotically patterned shirt he finds to wear that day ;)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Hmm, sounds like a challenge. Time to dig out the tie-dyed pirate shirt...(you think I jest? HAHAHAHAHA! Oh, puny mortals...there are more shirts in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your wardrobe, as the bard himself might have said)

i shall be brining a bottle of rasa. have requested the w/e off work so we just ahve to wait and see if it's granted

weather has been upped from showers to mostly sunny for saturday :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Overcooked

hey, sounds cool, i'd luv to come along and see how all this comic jamming stuff (sounds painful) actually works. you don't know me (but i know all of you ...mwa-ha-ha!) as i normally prefer to hang around in the dark and shady corners of comic forums without ever actually participating. which after several months becomes a bit pointless. so ztoical if you're sure you don't mind a social reprobate such as myself coming along, you might pm me your address and directions from the train station. although i'm living in tallaght, i promise - PROMISE - i won't rob yeh blind. ciao, ciao!

Good lord, don't think I've heard a peep out of you since the first round of the Comic Challenge...you do realise that if you turn up on Saturday I'll be forced to give out about you not taking part since then, after putting in a decent entry first time round, yes? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Overcooked

aagh! - was hopin you'd have forgotten that! well now that i know i'm in for a telling off how can i resist turning up?!:)

• Advertisement

Telling off/chatting up is there really a difference here Kyle? :p

You'll get your chance to find out, Murra, you haven't sent anything in since the Pigeon Lady round! ;)

I already said I don't I'm skpping this one and anymore until I finally actually finish something, I'm a lazy bastard!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

How 'bout a trade of pie for comics strips...? We could set up a little Murra production line; pie goes in, comic comes out :) Mmmm...pie. I'll have to bring some for everyone. Pie for all!

O_o I'm going to pretend I didn't hear that...

Mmmm...pie. I'll have to bring some for everyone. Pie for all!

I'm expecting pie now i hope you know this

Well, so long as Kilkenny is equiped with at least one shop that sells pie you shall have you wish, lady! Alternatively I can bring Cork pie. Any requests as regards flavour of said pie?

I can bring Cork pie.

why does that sound sooooooooooo wrong?

• Advertisement

Oddly enough before my drinking and later drunken reply I had a pork pie!

But yeah turn me into a pie operated comic machine, probably still won't make me any faster :p

Advertisement