Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Washing outdoor 2nd floor windows

Options
  • 10-04-2007 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭

I do not have room to store a ladder. Any ideas about the best way to wash outside windows on second floor? Extendable pole? Where can i get one?
    Thx

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭plasto

hi,

i bought one in woodies, wasnt great, difficult to get a bit of strength into the cleaning.

a bloke comes around every now and then, 20 euro all outside windows!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,164 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

extendable poles can be a bit unwieldy allright but if you use even a short one and just open the windows and do it from inside it should be ok.

the other option is to get the magnetic ones.
    Basically two pieces that look like plasterers floats with sponge on the working section and magents behind it.
    From inside stick one on the inside pane and the other opposite it on the outside pane and the outer one will follow the inner one as you clean both side together.

Havent seen them in a while though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭carpainter

lushballs wrote:
    I do not have room to store a ladder.

I had to buy a ladder for cleaning windows etc and I store it alongside my garden wall, firmly locked in place with padlock, chain and ring bolt when not in use. I don't see how those extendable poles can really work, when washing windows you really need to be able to wash the frames as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

You can get telescopic ladders that collapse into a 3ft section.
    You should be able to store that!

Advertisement