Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Display not accepting signal from GPU

Options
  • 10-04-2007 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭

I have a 8800GTS and a Dell 2407WFP, and they only seem to work over VGA and not DVI. For some reason, over DVI I get a "incorrect signal, please change to 1920x1200 at 60hz" message.

I'm running Vista Ultimate 64.

Any idea what to do? It just wont seem to talk to my GPU. Curiously, I'm only allowed choose 59 and 60 hz in the nvidia control panel, and it seems to default back to 59hz. any idea how to force 60hz?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Try this, clear the motherboard CMOS now plug in the DVI and reset the OSD to factory defaults in the Dell 2407 and now see if it works.

Also is is a remote possibility but a possibility none the less that something could be wrong with the DVI cable if you can acquire another one to test with that would be worth trying as well.

There are references on the net that early revisions of the Dell 2407 have a compatibility problem with DVI & 1920x1080 resolution which may be related if you have a A00 or A01 rev you may be affected.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

Right, I'll try that.

The problem seems to be the GPU keeps outputting at 59hz even though I need (and keep setting it to) 60hz. I need something that can force it to output 60hz, like ReForce but for Vista x64.

Tis tres annoying, it's running at 1920x1200 over VGA and it ran at 1920x1200 over DVI on my old rig. Quite odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

Finally got it sorted, today. Damn drivers were causing the probem, stoopid nVidia and lack of Vista x64 proper support.

Did fix the clock timing problems I was starting to have over VGA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

At least you found the problem not surprised NVIDIA drivers are the cause still quite rough in parts.

If you can fill out this form to submit the bug to NVIDIA it's the best way to get their attention as I have read of others having other weirdness with 64-bit drivers and displays.

Advertisement