Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wild Fire, Again!

Options
  • 10-04-2007 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭

Wild gorse fire in west Galway, about 4-5 km north of the Galway to Conamara road primarily around the Spiddal area. (Can see the flames from the back of my house about 1750 metres away)

[Unconfirmed] Been informed by the fire department that it started near Séana Gurráin which AFAIK is a boithrín near the bottom of the Moycullen-Spiddal road HOWEVER I know from the last time that this happened (about 30 months ago) that the fire department can be sometimes very wrong (I'm guessing they rely primarily on calls received).

Anyone else got some info on this as last time, the fire was mega fúcking big and scared the crap out of me (came very near my house).

Advertisement