Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Squeaky suspension

Options
  • 10-04-2007 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭

I've noticed my car's been doing a lot of squeaking recently when going over speed ramps or bumpy roads. It sounds like it's coming from the front left, and seems to get worse if I've been driving a lot. It's a '98 Fiesta. Any ideas?

When I got it serviced in January I was told there was something that probably needed to be replaced regarding the anti-roll bars - could it be whatever that is? I didn't have any money at the time so left it. Or could it be associated with the power steering fluid leaking all over the place? There's some seal broken behind the left wheel so I have to get the steering rack replaced, which I also can't afford to do (I should get a job :rolleyes: ).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭SuperSean11

It sounds like a loose fitting shouldnt be to expensive(i hope;) )

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Bradidup

Could be dry bushings, try spraying wd40 in around the suspension bushings and mounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

When I got it serviced in January I was told there was something that probably needed to be replaced regarding the anti-roll bars - could it be whatever that is?
    Mechanic was on about bushings on the anti-rollbar, you should get them replaced (there only a few quid and are easy enough to do yourself), when these start to go you will find that the car will start to lean more into bends.

Advertisement