Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

50th birthday gift ideas needed

Options
  • 10-04-2007 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭

Agh!!! I need help. Its my mothers 50th birthday next week and me and my sister are pulling our hair out trying to pick a gift. We have about 300 euro between us to spend but cant come up with anything. She isnt the most adventurous person so skydiving, bungy jumping etc is out the window. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭SuperSean11

A small dog like a shizu maybe:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Tune in and think back. She has probably been dropping hints for weeks. If she is like most Mammys she will appreciate something for HER. €300 will get you a decent present. A couple of things come to mind;
    1.Book her an appointment with the personal shopper in Debenhams(free service). It is a great experience, they give advice and boost your confidence by dressing you in the right clothes. The €300 will more than cover any clothes they recommend.Have it booked and give her the cash.
    2. A complete pampering day- hair, manicure, massage.
    3. Does she have a hobby or interest, is there something she needs for that.
    4. Plenty of mini breaks on offer for that kind of money. Nice time of the year to head off to a nice hotel.
    Accompany any gift with something sentimental. Make up an album of old photos, or better still start scanning the photos and make up a little movie using windows movie Maker, complete with her favourite music as soundtrack. It's very easy to do.
    Now, has that got you thinking.....

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I am currently trying to find a glass bick that a poem can be inscribed in it. I have seen it on an american web site but it is costing me over €130 for postage and delivery. Could anybody please help as to where i could look.

Advertisement