Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buddy Commando BCD/Stab jacket (med) for sale

• 10-04-2007 11:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 852 ✭✭✭

AP Valves Buddy Commando BCD (medium) in perfect working condition, good lift; about 17kg, with auto-air, pony cylinder if required (not in test) and 3kg vinyl-covered lead weight.
    These jackets are incredibly reliable, and have long been used by navy and police divers; it has two velcro pockets, 4 velcro cable tidies, at least 4 D-rings that I can see, and kidney and shoulder dumps.
    Jacket has done about 200 dives, and has gone a kind of washed out yellow and brown colour, which is why I've given it a 'Good' condition rating.

As you can see from the photos, it's NOT weight integrated, but I have 'integrated' a 3kg weight into the strap around the backplane.

I'm 5'10" 75kg, and it fits me fine, I'm selling because I've replaced it with a weight-integrated BC.
    I'm based in Dublin 1, and can come out within a reasonable distance of the city centre if needed.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 852 ✭✭✭case_sensitive

the pony cylinder, I've never used it but some people like them..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

Seeing as we've had problems on previous threads with items for sale in here then i would encourage people to read the forum charter before posting on this thread.

Thanks for the info Peace, I actually have read the Scuba Diving charter, and unless I'm missing something, it encourages us to sell our gear on it. Needless to say my old BCD isn't a commercial sale or anything.
    I tried to post it on Adverts.ie, but, um, it's still rubbish, and I thought it'd get more attention here than in the FS General section of Adverts. Seems that cycling and other sports fora still use Boards too, I presume it's still ok?
    If not, I'll move ship to Adverts.

Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

Thanks for the info Peace, I actually have read the Scuba Diving charter, and unless I'm missing something, it encourages us to sell our gear on it. Needless to say my old BCD isn't a commercial sale or anything.
    I tried to post it on Adverts.ie, but, um, it's still rubbish, and I thought it'd get more attention here than in the FS General section of Adverts. Seems that cycling and other sports fora still use Boards too, I presume it's still ok?
    If not, I'll move ship to Adverts.

Thanks!

You're right,

Absolutely sell gear on the board. my point was that in the past there has been some breaches of the charter on threads where equipment was being sold.

I was just trying to pre-empt any.... unplesantness...

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭theliam

im gonna be buying a bcd after the summer unless i can get a good deal before then, how much would you be looking for for one of those?

ive got all my gear now except a bcd (and tank and weights but i dont intend on getting them anyway for the moment)

• Advertisement

Ah yes, my ad lacks a price. Forgot about that.
    €80 including the 'integrated' weight, which is a bargain in my book, it's just taking up space at the moment, and we're having a purge in the house!

Try it on anyway, see how you feel about it etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 ddallen

I would be very interested in this jacket. I work in city west and could meet you half way if you want

Grand so, but I don't fancy hiking my tank out with me, you'll have to take my word that it inflates from the low-pressure hose! You can of course fill it from the mouthpiece..

I'm city centre, my preference is to have it collected, but name somewhere reasonable and I might be up for it.

also.. I'm going to Belfast for work on Friday, and diving in Wexford from Sunday, so if you need it this weekend, we'd have to arrange for something today or tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 ddallen

Hi Case,
    Sorry about this but I just found out that I have to go to a customer site to repair a problem they are seeing and will be out of the country for a couple of weeks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement