Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Domain Name Transfer

Options
  • 11-04-2007 12:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭

Last week i registered a domain name at register365.ie and then afterwards some web space at hosting365.ie . I tried to add the new domain to the hosting control panel without any success. I thought since they are both the same company, this should work.

Do i to apply for a Transfer Request in order to use the domain name?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

Just make sure that you supplied the right name servers for the domain!

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Bodan

Just make sure that you supplied the right name servers for the domain!

im sort of a newbie here, excuese my dumbass'ness

are you saying i can use my domain without having to make a transfer request, i just put in the right name servers ?

Make sure that the right domain name servers are set to the domain name, as far as i know the servers are:
    ns1.hosting365.ie
    ns2.hosting365.ie

Then just log into your hsphere account with hosting365 and add the domain!

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Bodan

there the right nameing servers. When i log into my hosting account and goto add domain , i get this error message
    Domain ********.ie Internal Lookup Result
    For your site to become available to the Internet, register or transfer the domain name *********.ie with your local top level domain registrar using the information that we will provide for you upon the activation of your account

I'm guessing that my domain is not registering with them for some reason, even though they registered it for me. I registered it last friday so that might explain the delay.
    Btw , i did what you said in your last post at the beginning. I thought i was missing something obvious.

Thanks Ziycon i appreciate all your help icon14.gif

Im not sure then, send a mail to hosting365 tech support, they should be able to fix it for you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Mike...

Hope I don't have the same problem...I bought hosting and a domain from them on sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I had the same issue before. The domain is parked at register365, so it can't be automatically added in via CPanel. Just send them a mail or give them a buzz, it'll be sorted in minutes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement