Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

WingMirror damage to Merc

Options
  • 11-04-2007 12:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

Just remembered that about 2 months ago in the Centra carpark opposite Texaco in Cornelscourt I was sitting in my car watching the world go by and a guy went to park a 4x4 in a space right next to a Merc and made a bad job of it, he nearly ripped the wingmirror clean of the Merc and the damage looked expensive.

What really p155ed me off was that he'd do that damage and not even leave a note! (I did see him get out of the 4x4 and then return and drive off):mad:

Did that Merc belong to any of you or anyone you know? If it did, PM your reg to me and if it matches the the reg and model of the Merc I'll PM you the make, model and reg of the 4x4! I hope this doesn't break any of the forum rules but I was really annoyed about it but didn't know what to do, I was hoping I'd see the Merc's owner when I was back in the carpark.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

You could have left a note on the car yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Why didn't (or don't) you just call the Gardaí?

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭andrew_ireland

Both good points- should've thought of that myself. I'll try the police tomorrow so. Feel like an eejit now! Do keep it in mind though if you know anyone that this might have been.

I wouldn't beat yourself up over it, it's good that you're going to do something now. The Guards will be able to contact the owners of both cars. I know i'd certainly appreciate your doing it if it were my Mercedes.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Just remembered that about 2 months ago in the Centra carpark opposite Texaco in Cornelscourt I was sitting in my car watching the world go by and a guy went to park a 4x4 in a space right next to a Merc and made a bad job of it, he nearly ripped the wingmirror clean of the Merc and the damage looked expensive.

What really p155ed me off was that he'd do that damage and not even leave a note! (I did see him get out of the 4x4 and then return and drive off):mad:

Did that Merc belong to any of you or anyone you know? If it did, PM your reg to me and if it matches the the reg and model of the Merc I'll PM you the make, model and reg of the 4x4! I hope this doesn't break any of the forum rules but I was really annoyed about it but didn't know what to do, I was hoping I'd see the Merc's owner when I was back in the carpark.

You had several options and here you are spraying against the wind. IMO you're worse than the culprit!!

• Advertisement

You had several options and here you are spraying against the wind. IMO you're worse than the culprit!!

Don't start, I'm starting to regret trying to do the right thing. I don't need/want petty comments like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,280 ✭✭✭✭Esel

IMO, you're...oh forget it. You've probably been told loads of times already. :mad:

Not your ornery onager

What's that supposed to mean?

If the 4x4's driver had returned while I was leaving a note there'd have been trouble.

Did I say I was still parked when I saw him return and drive off? No

Less of the flaming please.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,280 ✭✭✭✭Esel

What's that supposed to mean?

If the 4x4's driver had returned while I was leaving a note there'd have been trouble.

Did I say I was still parked when I saw him return and drive off? No

Less of the flaming please.

Andrew, if that was aimed at me, please note that I was adressing myself to Sonnen-shining-out-of-the-arse, not you.

Not your ornery onager

Sorry Esel, was just being defensive due to some of the previous comments- just frustrated at the negativity. Apologies again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭skibum

Whats your problem :confused: Are you Mr perfect :confused: Jasus, I know that I can be a grumpy "see you next tuesday" sometimes but this takes the biscuit :D

There are probably plenty of valid reasons that the OP didn't do anything there and then, but he is trying to do the right thing now. Better late than never, at least he is now doing the right thing.

I would contact the Guards, chances are slim that the owner or someone who knows of a merc damaged at that location would be reading this thread, but then again.....

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭beerbaron

Maybe the guards could get cctv from the centra ?

beerbaron wrote:
    Maybe the guards could get cctv from the centra ?
    I'd say 2 months later might be a bit late for that, unfortunately. They do have a witness, though.

Advertisement