Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tips cos im too lazy/cool to study

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Home Ec m'love. And no, no drugs pour moi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭md99

Spank wrote:
    Yeah because they ALWAYS GO TOGETHER.

This thread sucks, shut up about welfare offices and job centers you close minded snobs. Worry about yourself if you're so intelligent, and good luck to yous. I'd sure love to find out my doctor/lawyer/brain surgeon had such prejudices, I'd SO still have the same respect for them.

Makes perfect sense, sure there's no such thing as a stuck up doctor, lawyer or brain surgeon is there?

capslocked wrote:
    Just finished studying demand in economics - real proud of myself - it better fu ken come up

Not to kick you while you're down but supply is far more likely than demand, but don't worry it's easier/shorter and if you wer able to learn demand easily, you'll cruise it.

In economics learn (especially well):

Banking
    National Income
    Supply
    PED
    Perfect Competition
    Monopoly (Price Discriminating)

All I can think off off hand... Don't do business so can't help ya there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Spank wrote:
    Yeah because they ALWAYS GO TOGETHER.

This thread sucks, shut up about welfare offices and job centers you close minded snobs. Worry about yourself if you're so intelligent, and good luck to yous. I'd sure love to find out my doctor/lawyer/brain surgeon had such prejudices, I'd SO still have the same respect for them.
    Read his first post. He's expressed hate towards those who happen to be harder working and/or more intellegent than him.

If he'd posted asking in a polite manner what was predicted to come up we'd have been more helpful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭boger

md99 wrote:
    Not to kick you while you're down but supply is far more likely than demand, but don't worry it's easier/shorter and if you wer able to learn demand easily, you'll cruise it.

Banking
    National Income
    Supply
    PED
    Perfect Competition

i think its very risky just learning pc.

learn banking and national income.

demand and supply ( learn both )

elasticity ( learn demand and supply, supply came up ni my mock, not common but always a possibility.)

learn four market structures and four factors of production.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭dan719

Basically the general advice in economics is to stick to micro, it is easier to get the marks there, and just learn the general macro stuff in sufficent detail for the short questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 capslocked

md99 wrote:

Banking
    National Income
    Supply
    PED
    Perfect Competition

In the economics exam papers at the front supply has only come up once as part of a long q in the last 11 years - what makes you think it will come up this year? - it was in the mock paper as a full q as well but its not exactly predictable as a q - theres no real trend (i know it comes up combined with demand more often)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,469 ✭✭✭✭cson

capslocked wrote:
    It was in the mock paper as a full q as well but its not exactly predictable as a q - theres no real trend

Yet you start up a thread asking for these tips/guesses/predictions as to what's on the papers because as you say yourself "Im too lazy/cool to study"

I think the Chinese have a saying for this....hmmm let me see.......oh got it: People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭nedward

I think that was Tupac.

(Wasn't really, just couldn't resist)

boger wrote:
    i think its very risky just learning pc..

So do I, which is why I also put Price Discriminating Monopolist on my list, you seem to not read things properly and just scan them, I put PC and PDM on the list because the odds are pretty damn good that's what it'll be, I could have put:

Perfect
    Imperfect
    Monopoly
    PD Monopoly
    Oligopoly

on the list but now... that isn't really narrowing things down too much for the OP, is it? You're probably right about learning both Demand/Supply though, more than likely they'll be mixed. Anyway..
    Basically the general advice in economics is to stick to micro, it is easier to get the marks there, and just learn the general macro stuff in sufficent detail for the short questions.

I agree, it's a lot more definite and a lot easier/quicker to study IMO..
    Read his first post. He's expressed hate towards those who happen to be harder working and/or more intellegent than him.

If he'd posted asking in a polite manner what was predicted to come up we'd have been more helpful.
    Exactly, what is with posts like this (Spankys), also I'd like to point out that 90% of the time, your (Spanky) doctor/lawyer/brain surgeon wont CARE if you have any respect for them... as long as you're still lining their pocket.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Steve01

md99 wrote:
    Exactly, what is with posts like this (Spankys), also I'd like to point out that 90% of the time, your (Spanky) doctor/lawyer/brain surgeon wont CARE if you have any respect for them... as long as you're still lining their pocket.
    My sentiments entirely. If I play my cards right hopefully I will be one of those doctors/ lawyers/ brain surgeons. It must be a great feeling, knowing your success is through your own hard work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭shazzyshaz

everyone is gonna fail this year, i heard a rumour!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

capslocked wrote:
    You werent smoking as well were you ;)
    By the way - is that for the physics course - as part of sound and waves?

Ya it is, all you gotta know is it has to rotate because of the constructive and destructive interfence, if it didnt rotate then some of the meal would be cold and the other quite hot.

Advertisement