Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

People slamming doors

Options
  • 11-04-2007 8:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭

ARRRRGGGGGGH :D

What is it with people SLAMMING doors, would you cop the f*ck on.

Wierdly enough they seem more inclined to do it if its not their car !

I mean this must increase the wear and tear on the door, window falling off railing or locking mechanism becoming damaged ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

craichoe wrote:

How is it weird? If it's not their car they are less likely to be able to estimate the force needed to shut it.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭DukeDredd

I reckon whats worse is someone closing the boot on your car while you're sitting in the drivers seat - it always seems like they used all their might to slam the thing down!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

The worst is when someone tries to slam the door only for the seat belt buckle to be caught in the door frame - crunch

• Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

this annoys the hell out of me too! i've found that the biggest offenders are those who do not actually own their car. door slammers in general drive me nuts..whether it's in a car or a house....arrggghh!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

DukeDredd wrote:
    I reckon whats worse is someone closing the boot on your car while you're sitting in the drivers seat - it always seems like they used all their might to slam the thing down!

definately... especially if you're driving a car derived van

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

When you are used to a heavy solid door on a well built car you can sometimes be overly forceful when closing the doors of some inferior lightwaight cars. You are so used to the force taken to close your own door that you can seem to slam other doors.:p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Bradidup

The old Beatle was an excellent car for slamming doors :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

this annoys the hell out of me too! i've found that the biggest offenders are those who do not actually own their car. door slammers in general drive me nuts..whether it's in a car or a house....arrggghh!
    I find that too, the worst offender is a mate who doesn't drive or own a car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭peepsbates

blastman wrote:
    I find that too, the worst offender is a mate who doesn't drive or own a car.

Have to agree here ^^^^^^^ a mate of mine has pushed the door panel on me punto forward about half an inch from slammin it, must have a word

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭DukeDredd

Slightly OT about having friends in your car but a friend of mine in college used to think the side mirror on the passenger door was for the passenger and not the driver! Found this out one time when i was giving him a lift home and he proceeded to adjust the mirror when he sat in!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

craichoe wrote:
    ARRRRGGGGGGH :D

What is it with people SLAMMING doors, would you cop the f*ck on.

I mean this must increase the wear and tear on the door, window falling off railing or locking mechanism becoming damaged ?

I have to agree with you mate, people think it is necessary to take the door off the hinges when the get in or out of my car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

logik wrote:
    I have to agree with you mate, people think it is necessary to take the door off the hinges when the get in or out of my car.
    Why do you let them take it off the hinges? It must take ages to go anywhere with these friends if they have to go to that mush work just to get into your car.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Neither my mother or my sister are particularly big women, but when it comes to closing the door after being in my car they both miraculously become as strong as the Incredible Hulk. It doesn't matter if I tell them not to slam the door beforehand, they do it anyway and then apologise and say that they didn't think they closed it that hard. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭DeBeere

My doors a pretty heavy and alot of people have to try a second time a closing the door. :D

But I have definitely noticed people without a car trying to slam doors as if it was made for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Whatever about slamming doors, its the bell ends who smack their doors carelessly off the side of my car which does my head in... no matter how carefully I park, some idiot, usually in an MPV will squeeze in next to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭G Luxel

I find that its people who dont have a car are the worst offenders and it has got to the stage where I have to open the door for them and close it behind them. Usually I tell them before they get out of the car NOT to slam the door no matter what mood they are in. This thread reminds me of the advertisement on UK tv for the Yaris where the girl whose boyfirend slams the door on exiting, gets her revenge by crashing his radio control airplane into the ground......

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

FX Meister wrote:
    Why do you let them take it off the hinges? It must take ages to go anywhere with these friends if they have to go to that mush work just to get into your car.

haha nah, i just cringe when i hear the initial slam.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,280 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Bradidup wrote:
    The old Beatle was an excellent car for slamming doors :eek:
    Yeah, The Beatles really slammed The Doors! What forum is this anyway? :confused:

Not your ornery onager

Advertisement