Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BUPA Run Race Packs

• 11-04-2007 9:02am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 278 ✭✭

I'm doing the BUPA run on Sunday and still have not received my race pack. Has anyone else doing the run got theirs yet? Does anyone know where to contact if it doesn't arrive in time?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

In the same boat.
    See this link for info saying we should recieve an email before the weekend:
    http://www.greatrun.org/events/faq.asp?id=6#206

Seems pretty lax to me, still waiting on a sponsorship card etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 278 ✭✭Lockster

I got my sponsorship card a few weeks ago. It actually cam from Crumlin rather than the BUPA Run. If you said that you would run for Crumlin there's a phone number you could try to hurry them along 01 709 1720.

Yeah got in touch with Crumlin and hopefully getting a card in time for Friday to get it passed around at work.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Mine came through sometime last week I think it was. Unfortunately I'm not going to be taking part due to barely being able to walk at the moment after a skiing injury. At least I got a "free" tshirt and a timing widget to put on my shoe out of it though. :confused:

Does anyone know of any more 5k, or possibly 10k's if I'm very quick with the recovery, that might be coming up in a couple of months time in Dublin as I'd now like to have something else to aim for as far as getting able to start running again asap?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,531 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

I wouldn't be in a hurry to hold on to your 'timing widget'. They mentioned somewhere in the race pack, that if you don't return it by a certain date, they will charge you 15 pounds sterling (or something to that effect). I reckon it's just an idle threat, however, if you're feeling charitable, they have a return envelope in the race pack as well..

I received my race pack, but my wife and son are still waiting on theirs..
    Think it was the same last year.. got them in the post a day or two before the race.

As for upcoming events, have a look here: http://www.irishrunner.ie/calendar.htm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Whats all this about sponsorhsip cards. I put it in the name of Marie Keating and haven't received any sponsorship form.

About the timing widget is that all it is, was there some form of a string with it aswell, as all I can find is the widget, and I hope I haven't lost any of it already.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Maybe I'll post the widget off back to them now then and see if there is a prize for the first one returned then. ;)

Still no sign of the missing two packs.. Anyone else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 278 ✭✭Lockster

Yeah still nothing with me yet

Bupa have told me that you can get a spare one from the Kiosk in the Pheonix Park:

Tomorrow 12pm - 4pm
    Sunday from 8am onwards

• Advertisement

Thanks for that.. does anyone know if there's a Saturday post, or is that just around Christmas? Can't find any details on the anpost.ie website.

Advertisement