Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most Expensive Domain Transfer That You Have Come Across

Options
  • 11-04-2007 9:30am
    Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Im just wondering - what was the most expensive domain transfer costs that you have ever seen?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Depends on the TLD. Are you talking about .com or a ccTLD?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

.com, .net and also .co.uk
    I have been instructed to transfer domains to a company (for reasaons im not going into) and they have said that they would pay me "the transfer costs".

Ah.

So basically you want to charge them as much as possible ?

I didn't say that! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

I'd normally expect this to go down pretty smoothly without really incurring any costs .. or maybe thats just me being nieve ... :)

• Advertisement

kbannon wrote:
    I didn't say that! :D

Right :)

You could probably charge a couple of hours of your time for each transfer...

Yeah I was thinking that but they may object to it.
    I might put something up on my own site about domain transfer costs and then refer them to that if they question it just to reinforce/justify the charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

Alternatively you can link to this thread. ;)

Alternatively you can link to this thread. ;)
    :confused:

kbannon wrote:
    :confused:
    Well given the majority of irish web people would have access to boards ... hmm ... :) ... its a good place to discuss domain transfers and how much you should be charging them :D ...

• Advertisement

Im not transferring it to an Irish person, a web person or anyone who is likely to be scanning boards in the off chance of finding a thread like this on boards. Even so its irrelevant as it still doesn't address my original question anyhow.
    All I was looking for were figures for high domain transfer charges.

Releastically ... 2 hours ... admin charges ... ?

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭phil

It's not a very nice way of doing business either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

phil wrote:

That's pretty much what I meant
    I might put something up on my own site about domain transfer costs and then refer them to that if they question it just to reinforce/justify the charge.
    Alternatively you can link to this thread. wink.gif

phil wrote:
    Well tbh I didn't want to be in this position in the first place but as I said before Im not getting into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

€125, bravenet.com was the registrar and the domain was faulty on their system. eg, the system told me that I should renew before 20th of November whent the domain actually ran out in October, I had a little argument with them, and in the end, they charged me $5 for a problem in their system that I had nothing to do with...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

That sounds like a redemption period renewal, which can be quite expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭phil

If you post on a public forum about ripping people off by charging them as much as possible you can expect comment and criticism. I'd go further than that, you deserve it!

Using the collective wisdom of a group of people to help rip-off an individual / business is silly and wrong.

Phil.

phil wrote:
    If you post on a public forum about ripping people off by charging them as much as possible you can expect comment and criticism. I'd go further than that, you deserve it!

Using the collective wisdom of a group of people to help rip-off an individual / business is silly and wrong.

Phil.

And you still haven't copped on to what he's even talking about.

He's talking about a reverse hijack and you think he's trying to rip someone else off?

If you actually followed a lot of his previous posts on here you'd know what he was talking about instead of jumping to silly conclusions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

phil wrote:

Phil.

I think you are going over the top here. Hold your horses, read and try to understand the question.
    If he wanted to rip them off, he wouldn't be here in the first place asking questions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Can I ask a logical question?....

There is a company paying him to find the best registrar he can find, if he rips them off, he makes no benifit because they're just gonna fire him off the contract... therefore, if he was trying to rip them off, it would be a LOSELOSE situation... Why would he want to rip them off then?

I often see posts from Kbannon on this forum, and trust me, he isn't that stupid... he might look it, but he's a pretty helpful/fair/honest person!

btw, I'm staying neutral on this "dissagreement" anyway, I'm only giving my twist, don't eat my head off now! :D

~NevF

There is no contract. There are no clients. All there is is a fact that I have to transfer domains. I have no alternative to it but Im not going out without a fight as like I already said, I have an interest in these domains (and no Im not a squatter or a blackmailer)!

Advertisement