Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Msn messenger on three problems

• 11-04-2007 9:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,175 ✭✭✭✭

Folks ive a sim free n73 music edition that i have a three sim in, but i cant install 3s msn messenger, some security issue, i assume thats because its a non 3 handset?

anyone have similar trouble.

Also anyone any idea what threes roaming agreement is like in the states

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

you probably have it set to only allow certified programs. on the n70, the setting to allow untrusted programs is in tools->app manager (just says manager)->options->settings->certificate check.

it should be something similar on the n73

i've never been to america with 3 so i couldn't tell you if its any good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,175 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

nope its not that :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

threelikehome.ie shows roaming http://www.three.ie/international/us_paymonthly.html

calls are very expensive but to be honest that isn't three's fault but t-mobiles and cingular wireless

I am on about pay monthly though as they dont seem to offer the states on 3pay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 cruzzo

Just back from USA and was roaming with three. Phone worked fine everywhere and was a mix of Cingular and T-Mobile. Used it in LA, Las Vegas, Arizona, Washington & New York. Cant say what coverage is like outside cities. Fairly expensive I really limited the usage and relied on texts and call in and still came in at around €90. Might be better to buy a Virgin pay as you go for $29, readily available in Drug Stores, Best Buy, Radioshack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭DemoniK

The MSN Messenger and Music Edition is a fairly known problem
    http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55473
    Basically 3 have their own firmware for the N73 which has their cert embedded into it.

The Music Edition doesn't have that cert, and hence can't install the 3 apps.

Only way to get it to install is to get the 3 firmware (try, change the device ID to 0515619 and update) and then install. But that'll give you back the crippled 3 firmware :(

Better to pay the €6 for BB and install fring
    http://www.fring.com/
    ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Pikasso

problems here too but with a 3 contract Nokia 6680. At the end of installation it says Authorisation Failed. In my settings it says Online Cert Check - off.
    Changed it to ON and got as far as License Revoked!!

Got onto 3 and a lady with an indian accent suggested I take out the battery and replace again (!!!!!!!!***+*&%$).
    I did(LOL)! No luck. She said someone else from tech support would ring but I haven't heard back in a week.
    Anyone solve this?

A bit searching, and I found this site
    http://www.mess.be/

Select "Search downloads" and search for mobile
    543 does the 6680
    544 does the N73

Not sure what the difference is - but works on my N73 (with ME firmware).

EDIT: Meant to add that I'm not sure if this uses my BB credit, or my MSN Message credit. Someone without BB would have to check

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Pikasso

Works a treat - thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

I use fring, since it does both MSN and Skype too!

With you on Fring - also does Google Talk which is very handy :)

But, because fring communicates with a server which then talks the necessary protocols you definitely can't use the free MSN message, and instead must rely on BB.

Fring is really nice cool tho'!
    Only fault is that I can't set my status :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 cruzzo

Had been getting Authorisation Failed message when trying to install to a 6680. Downloaded and installed via usb from the Belgian site mentioned earlier. Now im getting the following error message "Locating Server Failed Try Again Later" Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thks

Advertisement