Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wanted Newfoundland Dog

Options
  • 11-04-2007 9:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭

If anybody comes across a pure bred Newfoundland Dog adult or pup in a shelter/pound needing a home let me know.

I'm looking for one at the moment, I've the space and the resources to look after one of these gentle giants.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Heya

Did you get your Newfoundland in the end? Somehow I would seriously doubt that you would find one in a shelter or a pound because they are the most loveable dog breed ever (at least I think so anyway). I can't imagine anybody getting a Newfoundland and then putting it into a pound or someone abandoning one - I just cannot fathom it!

Newfoundland pups generally cost about €1,000 but you can't put a price on them, they are just amazing! They get fairly big though!!!!!!!!!! If you don't want a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge bear in your house, get the female. Otherwise if you want a huge fluffy bear-like creature in your house, get the male! We had a female before, now we have a male pup. He's 10 months old, 43 kgs, and when he stands up on his back legs to give me a hug (he's so cute!!), his head is almost up to my shoulder (and I'm 5'10").

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

I fostered one for a weekend.. The dog was crazy, did nothing but play, It was like having a giant sheep hyped up on red bull! I dont think I could afford to feed one tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

€50 a month for a big bag of Science Plan - lasts about a month! Well at least it did when our puppy was a much smaller puppy!

Our puppy is crazy as well, he's a lunatic! He's hyper! :D Wouldn't have him any other way though :D

Advertisement