Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from Paranormal

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

6th wrote:
    So basically I'm a sh*t poster and the forum is better of without my constant crap.

Is that how the forum mods feel about it?

I don't know about the mods, but I think you're a good contributor to Boards, you just need to be a poster, and not want to be a mod.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

6th wrote:
    So you considered my request about moving the thread about "Thought Forms" to Spirituality? Did you discuss it with the other mods? It makes perfect sense to move it so I presume you just ignored it as you have my other pm's.

I reckon this is why you're banned tbh. *In your opinion* it makes perfect sense to move the thread, but you're not the mod, so your opinion has no more weight than any other posters. you're always seeming to forget that.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

RuggieBear wrote:
    ah being banned sucks.

I've been banned from a few forums now and I usually take it well. This is just crap and now he's trying to justify it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

6th wrote:
    So basically I'm a sh*t poster and the forum is better of without my constant crap.

I don't think that's what is being said 6th but I guess you know that. At this stage it might be best to just let it lie for a while as you're getting a bit worked up. That's only a suggestion, I realise (from my own experience) that it can be hard to do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

6th wrote:

That's a nice leap you made there.

Calm down dude, it's not the end of the world.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

6th wrote:
    I've been banned from a few forums now and I usually take it well. This is just crap and now he's trying to justify it.
    tbh, i'd ban you for backseat modding too. It's really really annoying.

RuggieBear wrote:
    tbh, i'd ban you for backseat modding too. It's really really annoying.

Do you have examples of my backseat modding or are you just taking stevenmu's word that thats what I do?

tbh wrote:
    I reckon this is why you're banned tbh. *In your opinion* it makes perfect sense to move the thread, but you're not the mod, so your opinion has no more weight than any other posters. you're always seeming to forget that.

Where do I say my opinion has more weight? Have I told other posters not to make suggestions?

Lets get a few more of the posters in here and see if they think I am a disruption to the forum or as Stevenmu said above if "I make them feel unwelcome"?

seansouth wrote:
    That's a nice leap you made there.

Calm down dude, it's not the end of the world.

No I'm being told that my consistant backseat mdding and comments are annoying, are disruptive and make posters feel unwelcome.

Stevenmu that unwelcome comment is BullSh*t and you know it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Beruthiel wrote:
    I believe this banning was after many back seat moddings on your part 6th. I never go into that forum due to me thinking it's a load of cak, so am just going on what the stevenmu has said.
    However, I have seen you back seat mod in feedback at times and I imagine if you are at the same thing in Paranormal, it could become a tad annoying after x amount of time.

I rarely stray into paranormal, but, nice fella as 6th seems, I always thought he was a mod there (obviously without checking his creds) :o

• Advertisement

Ok I'll try wait for another active Paranormal Mod to come along, I really dont see how my posting style has been a problem and how it hasnt come up before.

Steven, if there was a problem you know you are in a position to have had a quiet word to me - instead you banned me which really isn't how t hings a re usually done on that forum as well you know.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

6th wrote:

Where was that said?
    You need to just calm down and take the ban. Before you know it you'll be back posting there and all will be back to normal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I was told that the report post feature was for only reporting abuse, shilling and spaming not for requests to lock/delte/merge/move threads.

There are a whole heap of threads and post in the ParrotsNormal forum that should to my mind be in the Spirituality forum.

6th you know better then to argue about the moderating of a thread or a forum with in it. That seems to be what got you banned looking at that thread. If there are other interpersonal issues I would say that those are between yourself and stevemu and I would like to think that those didnt' not play a part in the ban.

nipplenuts wrote:
    I rarely stray into paranormal, but, nice fella as 6th seems, I always thought he was a mod there (obviously without checking his creds) :o

I get people pm'ing me thinking I'm the mod a fair bit but I think its because I'm helpful and know my stuff not because I backseat mod.

Cheers for the comment nipplenuts ;)

Thaedydal wrote:
    I was told that the report post feature was for only reporting abuse, shilling and spaming not for requests to lock/delte/merge/move threads.

That was my understanding but seems thats not the case.
    Thaedydal wrote:
    There are a whole heap of threads and post in the ParrotsNormal forum that should to my mind be in the Spirituality forum.

I agree 100%

Thaedydal wrote:
    6th you know better then to argue about the moderating of a thread or a forum with in it. That is what got you banned.

What got me banned was suggesting that the threads be merged, Steven has made that clear. Thast why the ban is bullsh*t.

Beruthiel wrote:
    You need to just calm down and take the ban. Before you know it you'll be back posting there and all will be back to normal.

I'm not taking an unfair ban and I dont think I can post there knowing a mod has personal issues with me. This is the second bogus ban by Stevenmu and though I dont want to post PMs I may have to forward them to Admin and other Paranormal mods to show how Stevenmu is unable to mod me without it getting personal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭Scrotum

6th wrote:
    Ah sure I'm already laughing at feedback threads that wont be posted for another 9 days.

:)

Ok I owe you a drink of your choice at the next beers for getting that in there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭kshiel

I have met both stevenmu and 6th and I hold a lot of respect for both. I would hope that any personal issues would be sorted out between ye away from the fourm.:)

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

The ban seems a little harsh, and more to do with 6th being vocal than doing anything particularly wrong. I hope 6th and steve have a chat and sort it out without any bloodshed.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,632 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I always thought 6th was a mod too in paranormal. Seems to be a bit agressive on this thread though which isnt painting a pretty picture.

faceman wrote:
    I always thought 6th was a mod too in paranormal. Seems to be a bit agressive on this thread though which isnt painting a pretty picture.

Sorry I am being a bit aggressive but to be banned for something stupid by a guy who I would have seen as a mate is a p*sser. And then for him to say I make the forum unmelcoming was an extra kick in the knackers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

I think you're prety aggressive on the whole to people who post on other threads within this forum too. In fact, usually poeple who have found themselves in your type of situation. I think that is one of the reasons you don't have a lot of support out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

In fairness I've warned you about it before as well. It can be annoying. I dunno if it is 2 week annoying though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

Not being a mod I can’t comment on how annoying or otherwise the back seat modding thing is but an ordinary poster like me wouldn’t even notice it. As an occasional poster on the paranormal forum I have to say I’ve always found 6th welcoming and genuinely interested in the other posters and their opinions. Yes when you go into the forum first it does look like he is the mod as he is usually the first person to reply to a post. When, by their own admission, the paranormal mods aren’t around as much as they’d like to be then I don’t see why there is anything wrong with someone else, who has a great deal of knowledge and experience on the subject, taking an active role in the day to day forum business.
    That’s besides the point of the ban though which, in my opinion, does seem harsh, particularly when 6th and Steven seemed to be good mates... it just makes it all the more confusing.

tallaght01 wrote:
    I think you're prety aggressive on the whole to people who post on other threads within this forum too. In fact, usually poeple who have found themselves in your type of situation. I think that is one of the reasons you don't have a lot of support out there.

Amen!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

The post was obviously a joke. Overmodding imo

The thread and threads generally evolve without the watching eye of a moderater and users are more than entitled to comment on the nature of the thread without fear of banning.. Its not personal issues people

6th for mod imo. He has the knowledge and is obviously addicted to the forum :).

Ok well I will make my public apology very clear:

I am very sorry for my aggressive tone on here and hope that people can understand that this is not my normal tone in the forum in question. I always try to be as helpful as possible to posters who visit the thread or pm me directly.

In general I have no problem with Stevenmu's modding style though I would suggest that in a situation like this one that a mod who is socially & personally involved with a poster should ask a co-mod to moderate the situation in their place. I believe that is quite common on here where alot of us have met either through our area of interest or at a beers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

6th wrote:
    I am very sorry for my aggressive tone on here and hope that people can understand that this is not my normal tone in the forum in question. I always try to be as helpful as possible to posters who visit the thread or pm me directly.

fair play, but maybe you can understand why people would expect you just to be yourself, and judge you on the posts they read, rather than assume that you are a particular way in one forum, and totally different on another.

• Advertisement

6th wrote:

Well done 6th! I wish I could have been as eloquent in my own Feedback thread on Hindsight, I still think there should be a more firm process in place for executing a ban, but that's a different story completely. And I hope your ban is revoked quickly indeed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement