Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tyre Cleaning

Options
  • 11-04-2007 10:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭

Whats best to get a good shine on your tyres like the garages get. I hear Auto Glym is good. Can anyone make recommendations....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

Its a good idea to use a good tyre dressing spray on the car after its had a wash as faded tyres can take the look off an otherwise spotless car. I use the Autoglym tyre dressing on my car and it lasts for 2 - 3 weeks before it needs re doing. Gives a nice "new tyre" look to the car unlike some other sprays that go on patchy and don't last more than a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭TomMc

The secret is to get that brown film off the tyres in the first place with a degreaser or an all-purpose-cleaner, and not just a regular car wash shampoo. Then after a good rinsing off and allowing the tyres to dry out fully, then put the dressing on. If the film is not removed first, even cleaner type dressings only hide and improve things for a short while. Otherwise, after a week or so the nice black wet look turns brown again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

Yep, AutoGlym is flippin sweet. Use it all the time.

Advertisement