Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat's toilet habits

Options
  • 11-04-2007 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭

Question - my cat likes to meow all over the place for 5-10 mins when he's going to go to the toilet (#2s). Is this normal!? Is he trying to tell me he's in pain or just warn me that he's about to leave a present for me?! He seems fine other wise...?:confused::confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

Sounds like classic superstitious behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

It's normal...

It's the old "look, look, look what I'm about to do now" syndrome...nothing to worry about! ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Thanks guys I just wanted to double check! Another question - he's gone to the loo in our kitchen 3 times in the last few weeks instead of using his box. I always keep the box really clean etc but I changed to wood pellet litter a few months back. He seemed fine with the change and had been using the box no problems but twice he' used the mat in the kitchen(it was replaced each time) and this morning he used the kitchen sink! We've been getting work done in the house - painting etc so I'm not sure if this is bugging him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

yep, strangers in the house could well be a reason for upset...(one of my cats, Bhubh, keeps peeing in the hall whenever someone else is looking after her - sheer expression of disgust that we should dare to go on holidays...)

Advertisement