Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Generating a report in excel from VB6

Options
  • 11-04-2007 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭

Would anybody be able to point me in the direction of how to use Visual Basic 6 to generate an excel sheet and insert my data into it and create a bar chart? I was thinking of taking my data from a simple text file but it would probably be easier to just code the data directly into VB6?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭NutJob

Google CSV files

May answer your question

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

One of the easiest ways is the following

Open excel and record a macro of you creating the bar chart. This will give you that piece of the code in VBA which is easy to convert to VB

Next thing in your VB6 application add a reference to Excel so you can see all the properties and methods.

Use the .CreateWorkbook i think and go from there.

This will probably help you http://www.codeguru.com/vb/gen/vb_misc/tips/article.php/c7767/ :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Excellent stuff guys, I 'll give it a shot and let you know how I get on :)

Advertisement