Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Searching for your posts

Options
  • 11-04-2007 11:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭

How come you used to be able to search for all posts that a user made, where as now you can only search for threads started by a user. It's kind of annoying when you want to remember what threads you were posting on. I looked in the FAQ, but couldn't find anything of use.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Perhaps the thread stickyfied at the top of this forum would help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭Tony Danza

Beruthiel wrote:
    Perhaps the thread stickyfied at the top of this forum would help.
    I saw that("search for boards" thread), but isn't that for being able to search for boards, like the way you can google in the search window in firefox. I mean when you click on somebody's username, you can press to view all threads started by them, but you used to be able view all posts by them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Tony Danza wrote:
    I mean when you click on somebody's username, you can press to view all threads started by them, but you used to be able view all posts by them?
    BoardsTracker doesn't support that feature.

BoardsTracker doesn't support that feature.
    What's boardstracker? When did the feature get removed? Any plans to bring it back?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Tony Danza wrote:
    What's boardstracker?
    http://www.boardtracker.com/
    It's a site for searching for posts on discussion forum sites.
    When did the feature get removed?
    Ages ago. The "all my posts" links was too big a load on the server's processor, apparently...
    Any plans to bring it back?
    Doubt it... although it would be nice. The ones to ask there are (I presume) Regi, Vexorg or ecksor.

I liked you in "Who's the Boss?". :D

• Advertisement

Well that clears up that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Bard wrote:
    Doubt it... although it would be nice.
    The old search is (apparently) slated to make a return at some point in the future, though no timeframe has been stated yet (iirc).

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Tony Danza wrote:
    How come you used to be able to search for all posts that a user made, where as now you can only search for threads started by a user. It's kind of annoying when you want to remember what threads you were posting on. I looked in the FAQ, but couldn't find anything of use.

In the control panel make sure you are subscribed to all threads you post in. Then bookmark this page.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Once vB 3.6 is introduced, search will come back.

Advertisement