Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TomTom One Europe

• 11-04-2007 11:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 259 ✭✭

Just got one of these as a present. Do I just plug it in and go or do I need to install anything via the computer? Does it have the latest maps?

Any help with this would be appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,531 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

1. Read the Quickstart card.
    2. Play with it.
    3. Read the manual.
    4. Play with it some more..

It should be good to go, but these are complex devices and you will get the best return by reading at least some of the stuff they provide to you... Otherwise you're liable to get frustrated and annoyed when you instruct it to take you ten minutes down the road, and it doesn't travel the route that you know is faster and shorter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 259 ✭✭cobijones

Thanks for the reply, I have used it and Im loving it but one thing I havent found out yet is how to clear a route( as in when I put in a destination by mistake can I clear the planned journey instead of having to key in a new journey?). Also when I set up TomTom home and it gave a few updates - it keeps giving me the same update every time I hook it up to the PC, it just says you already have this do you want to get it again(or words to that effect!)

Any ideas??

Thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 digitalsnap

Hello. You need to enable the full menu option by doing this:

Change Preferences-> Go to the third page and select 'Show ALL menu options'.

To clear the route, go to page 3 of the main menu and there should be a 'Clear route' option on the top right.

BTW, after using a garmin for the past 6-7 years (a 12map model, not a driving specific one), I'm very impressed with the One. I suggest you go here: http://www.webazar.org/tomtom/suntime.php?lang=uk and download & install SunTime. This will automatically change your brightness setting based on time.

I also like TripMaster from the same site. Among navigational features, this will allow you to save your track for later downloading into various programs, such as Google Earth, etc. All of these are use at own risk but I haven't had any issue for the past month or so.

There are a fair number of other software programs available for customizing the menu, color schemes, etc. The main driving interface and ability to record the track is what made me choose it over the Nuvi models but the amount of customization available is also excellent.

Sorry, forgot to mention: make sure you get a backup of your SD card. Either using TomTom Home or by copying the files in explorer if using windows (make sure that system files are not hidden so that you get everything).

Advertisement