Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

plumbing question

Options
  • 11-04-2007 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭

I have gas heating. When I turn on the gas I select rads/water and hey presto the rads heatup and I get hot water in the tank. When I select "water only" the water does not get hot and the gas burner doesn't fire up?
    anyone know what this is? also heard there is a physical switch to bypass the rads and only heat the tank. where do I locate this?

thanks

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

sounds like your system wasn't set up correctly. What kind of controller are you setting whats on at? There may be a tap on the pipes to shut off the hot water to the rads, not ideal though heating can be temprmental when you start messing with the water flow in the system like that.There should be individual controls on the rads, or you may have a thermostat for the whole house to keep the rads from getting hot.

There are too many variables and it all depends on how your system was setup. Do you know anyone handy enough who can look at it for you? Ideally you need to get the controller working...

• Registered Users Posts: 78,439 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Moved from Accommodation & Property

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Thanks Victor. :p

Moved to Gardening/DIY.

Advertisement