Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ballymahon

Options
  • 11-04-2007 11:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hi, does anyone know if that new school on the athlone road just outside of ballymahon is a gaelscoil?
    also, i would like to know what ballymahon is like as a place to live for a young family?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Occidental

The only school I can imagine you're talking about is Tang Primary School. If so, it's a rebuild of the old school and is a normal primary. There's also a primary in Ballymahon(soon to be rebuilt) and Keenagh and Tashinny close by. Numbers are increasing in all schools for the past few years.

Ballymahon itself is fine. It won't set the world on fire with excitement, but it's got basic services and most of the locals are okay. Transport is non-existant, so you'll need a car, but you're 20 minutes from Athlone or Longford and 30 from Mullingar.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭sootie

there is a galescoill in Longford (outside ballymahon.....) i have heard its very good. however, ballymahon is a kip. run.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭NullZer0

Im from just updside Ballymahon and I can tell you it has some great advantages for a young family. Where are you moving from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 aidanmoor

newstart wrote:
    Hi, does anyone know if that new school on the athlone road just outside of ballymahon is a gaelscoil?
    also, i would like to know what ballymahon is like as a place to live for a young family?

hi i live just outside ballymahon,been liven down there for over 4 years find it a nice place ,its good for kids ,people are very nice ,best of luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 newstart

thanks for the messages guys. have only heard good things about ballymahon and there are some nice houses there too, but our focus has now switched to moate for commuting purposes. hope it gets the same recommendations .. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

moate.......jayus hope ya like hillbillies

Advertisement