Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GH2 - broken controller?

• 11-04-2007 12:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

I see that the part number on my GH controller matches the apparently broken ones (95055). The problem is that I'm a GH virgin, so have no idea how the 'whammy bar' is supposed to work and whether mine is broken or not. Can anyone who's a bit of rock star tell me what a non-broken whammy bar would function like?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

corblimey wrote:
    I see that the part number on my GH controller matches the apparently broken ones (95055). The problem is that I'm a GH virgin, so have no idea how the 'whammy bar' is supposed to work and whether mine is broken or not. Can anyone who's a bit of rock star tell me what a non-broken whammy bar would function like?

On long notes that you hold, you can use the whammy bar to alter the sound of the note. Press it towards the guitar at the note should get lower, bring it back up and the pitch of the note raises, wiggle it up and down, the note does the same. This is especially useful in star-power phrases as it fills the meter more. Problem with a lot of guitars, mine included, was that the bar simply didn't respond, or only did a small percentage of the time. I posted a fix in the who's getting GH II thread, worked like a charm for me and others I know!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Yeah that Kotaku guide is great. Sorted my wham bar out! Cheers Burning Eclipse.

I have the 95055 and have had no probs yet, friend of mine has the 95065 model and that has a faulty whammy bar, so it's not just one product line that has a problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

hellboy99 wrote:
    I have the 95055 and have had no probs yet, friend of mine has the 95065 model and that has a faulty whammy bar, so it's not just one product line that has a problem.
    Yeah, that's the thing. I have no idea if my whammy bar is one of the unlucky ones or not as I have no idea how to use it correctly. I'll try BE's thing when I get home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

CorBlimey it's easy to tell if it's working or not.

Just put on a song with some long notes near the start. (R.A.T.M : Killing In The Name Of - for instance). When holding down the note, move the whammy bar in and out, if the note bar on screen fluctuates like your movements (like a wave) then it's working. You can hear the pitch go higher and lower too as BE said, but if you're new to all this it might be easier for you to see the difference on screen than to try and listen out for it.
    Try it a few times and if it works every time then the controller should be fine.

• Advertisement
Advertisement