Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What car...?

Options
  • 11-04-2007 12:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭

I've got about €10k to spend on my first car (not including insurance & tax), although that really is strectching it a bit. I need a nimble 4/5 door hatchback, <50000 miles, and reliable. The biggest engine I could get is a 1.4, otherwise insurance and running costs will be too high. Has to be from the "noughties".....and something that will hold it's value if possible.

Here's a list of the cars I'm thinking about:
    Opel Corsa (1.0L would be weak, but cheaper insurance - prob a 1.2L though)
    VW Polo (1.2L, 9n)
    VW Golf (mightn't go for a Golf, high milage for my budget)
    Ford Focus (similar to the Golf, but there are a few out there that I'd go for)
    Renault Clio (not sure, Renault = dodgy electonics...)
    Peugeot 206 (not pushed about a pug)

What would you recommend?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

VW Golf, Ford Focus

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Bradidup

logik wrote:
    VW Gold, Ford Focus
    Ditto

Seat Ibiza not bad either

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

If you decide on a Corsa....the 1.0 is a fine car, but tiring at high speed. Definitely get a 1.2 or 1.3 diesel...you might have to go slightly over 10k to get a diesel, but you'll probably save in the long run and get more back for it.

04 1.3 cdti

• Registered Users Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭whippet

how about a honda jazz, bullet proof, practical and not bad on juice.

02 one would set you back about 8K

Advertisement