Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why am I still banned

Options
2»

Comments

copacetic wrote:
    Well I agree, but if it is the 'first commandment' of boards then we should probably have it written down?

Isn't using common sense common sense?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

copacetic wrote:
    Well I agree, but if it is the 'first commandment' of boards then we should probably have it written down?

Yea but there's a general philosophy to never write down anything which can be thrown back in the admins face. Some situation may be best handled without site bans. This isn't one though...

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Myth wrote:
    Isn't using common sense common sense?

not on boards!

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭keynesian

The concept of "free speech" does not exist on this site. Boards is not a democracy.

You don't need democracy to have free speech. Isn't the idea of broads, the ultimate conception of "free speech"; and the sociological experiment to show how people will curtail it.

keynesian wrote:
    Isn't the idea of broads, the ultimate conception of "free speech"; and the sociological experiment to show how people will curtail it.

No.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

keynesian wrote:
    You don't need democracy to have free speech. Isn't the idea of broads, the ultimate conception of "free speech"; and the sociological experiment to show how people will curtail it.

Not really. It's a place where posters post, mods moderate and the Admins sit around and drink cocktails all day wearing high priced suits ( such is my believe, i shall not be swayed from it. )

Now then, your being a plank, in my honest opinion. I have spent a few minutes reading back over a few of your posts and from what i can see that is about the only consistent element in your posting.

Also, posting within your own thread with your second account if just sad, and this is not the first time you have done it. Trolling PI is especially sad might i add.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

My eyes, my friggin eyes. Seriously, just stop. Pull your network or phone cable out, then place your computer into a sink and fill with water. My brain is bleeding from just being near your username(s).

Ok, Ok, I'll stop procrastinating and get back to work.

But have we really learned any thing today....

Have you grown, even just a little.....

Surely there most be a better way of education?

You don't happen to know Jocksy by any chance.

Highly similar posting style, except for the dyslexia.

delly wrote:
    My eyes, my friggin eyes. Seriously, just stop. Pull your network or phone cable out, then place your computer into a sink and fill with water. My brain is bleeding from just being near your username(s).

Oh god, I'm ****ing breaking my heart laughing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,350 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

keynesian wrote:

No. You will see that each individual forum have specific charters and rules for what items you can and cannot discuss, and how you are allowed to express your opinions on the same. Furthermore, Boards is rigurously sub divided into individual sections which serves to limit the existence of random and freewheelin conversation.

In short, if you p!ss off the powers that be they will eliminate your presence on these forums. And the powers that be don't change, and aren't elected. From my limited experience, the vast majority understand this and are happy with it - content to blabber on about the things that they are interested in as per the relevant forum charter without going out of their way to irritate or offend others.

And then there is the minority that like arguing on the interweb, and like riling other people up the wrong way. From your posts in this thread, and the links to other stuff included here - you probably inhabit that minority.

FIGHT DA POWAH!!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

*Sigh* You started a pointless thread when drunk one evening and received a temp. ban. This was after what I felt was often borderline behaviour at other times anyway.

Now that temp. ban wasn't lifted as, shockingly, it didn't preoccupy my mind. A simple message in my direction could have prompted that. But no, instead you start a thread here and expose the fact that you've been posting on the forum anyway under a different a/c. Is all this really meant to push us to welcome you back with open arms and a warm smile? Are we really missing out without you?
    I'm tempted now to replace "temp" with "permanent" really in light of the dual a/cs. Democratize that :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

ixoy wrote:

*Sigh*

Democratize that

Ahhh, the return of comic book guy phrases AND hard man chat in the same post. God, I've missed the comedy value. Thank you ixoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Yeah, we can't have these "hard men" running around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Does being ostracised involve large flightless birds?

I certainly hope so.

Sarky wrote:
    Does being ostracised involve large flightless birds?

I certainly hope so.

I laughed out loud. Honest to god, in the middle of the office. :D

ixoy wrote:
    I'm tempted now to replace "temp" with "permanent" really in light of the dual a/cs. Democratize that :)

Democratise, what, I didn't ask for that, why would I want that, the way this thread has gone I'd lose, not because of what I did was wrong or against the rule. As stated Jule account is not explisitly against the rules.

Did I say some thing that was offensive to the LGBTQ... Community or have I ever. I'm mostly (if always) on topic, which is more then I can say for some mods.

I don't want your open arms, I want your open forum.

Temp, if it was a temp then why didn't you set the time like a day?

EDIT:
    I conceed, you were looking for a reason to ban me a I gave you one(can't really remember what it was, I'm sure it was flambounate), I should bow to the powers of the MOD as GODS, after all I am new to forums. I still don't 100% with your reasons but I now expect your power and you should use that power as you wish.

END THIS THREAD
    As I feel there is no point in continuing to thread with no chance of reprieve. I should have know better forgive my inosince.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

copacetic wrote:
    I had this conversation before, it seems that mods know it is a complete and utter no-no, but that the rule isn't actually anywhere to be found..

I actually found this on AH just now when trying to see a reason why an ebay thread was locked.
    nesf wrote:
    Registering a New Account to Circumvent a Ban
    - This will get all accounts site-banned.

In my defense, a lot of mods didn't know it was there and it isn't in the charters of the forums I had debated such bans in before but good to see it in AH loud and clear. As to why keynesian isn't sitebanned for it, I dunno.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

keynesian wrote:
    Did I say some thing that was offensive to the LGBTQ... Community or have I ever. I'm mostly (if always) on topic, which is more then I can say for some mods.

Your comments were pretty offensive on that thread that Boston linked to. I would have permanently banned you for them, the LGB mods were very lenient in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,992 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I think this thread and the other Feedback thread posted by him both answer keynesian's original question.

• Advertisement

I'm slowly becoming stupid'er reading this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Why, why, why is this muppetry is still being tolerated?

The links to LGB above & from what I've seen myself in PI show that the OP has a history of trolling. The OP has also admitted to having two accounts = ban, ban, ban!

They then have the cheek to whinge about their ban & spout on the usual "where's my free speech"?

Sweet Jebus - Someone please put an end to this!

Advertisement