Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A curiousity thing

Options
  • 11-04-2007 1:27pm
    Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭

Why does the poker forum not show up in the list of most forum posts? It has more than the cuckoos nest but is not ahead of it? I am more curious than anything as I don't really care, but it occurred to me when a while ago Amp was telling me that the cuckoos nest was the 5th biggest on boards, and I went checking the size of the poker forum and noticed there were more in that.

Anything that might help me get one up on Amp would be good :p

Edit: I was thinking first it might be because the sub-forum posts were included in th eoverall figure, making the main forum post count less, but then I looked at the soccer forum and there are sub fora there too, yet the post count of the main forum is used.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Anyone have any sort of an answer for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I think that technically the poker forum has only 144,248 posts.

549,548 is apparently the number of Afterhours posts but if you go to the Rec category you will see that it appears to have 556,291 posts. In actual fact it has sub-forums that make up this number:

556,291-(5,300+555)= 550,436

Seeing as the apparent number of posts on the forum according to the statistics is 549,598, then maybe the 838 posts are either new posts since the latest statistic count or they could be deleted posts. Either way, you need to minus the subforum count when looking at the category for particular statistics.

/edit, just checked the soccer forum stats and it seems all wonky, so actually I have no idea!

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

It'll all become clearer when poker gets to have more posts than TCN even presuming the sub forum posts are in the main figure.

Bring back top 10 stats!!!! (joke, I'm not too bothered, although bored enough to post about it). Thanks for the reply anywas Gordon.

Advertisement