Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to fit roof ridge tiles?

Options
  • 11-04-2007 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭

Hi all,

I've been putting up thrunestone roof slates on my shed and I come to final part of putting the ridge tiles on the top. The problem is that ridge tiles don't sit flush with the slates because they interlink/overlap with each other (see image).

Anybody know how to fit these tiles, advice would be much appriecated.

I was thinking I should use some soft of cement, but not sure if it will stick to smooth slates!!

Many thanks,
    pan

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Have u the correct angle ridge tile? there are a number, not sure how they are put on, possible nailed using the ridge nails?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

You can use Flexim which is a type of linseed oil based putty that allows movement for heat and cold but will stick the ridge tiles down and not allow leakage between them.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭pan

yop - yes have the correct angle of ridge tile at 120 deg angle for a 30 deg pitch roof. I'm pretty sure you nail in the groved part and then cover this with the next ridge tile along. But this still leave a small gap between slates and ridge tile!

CJ - thanks, will look into this flexim stuff, is it specificly for roofs? Will any building merchants shock it? I'll ring around anyway.

Thanks for replys

pan

Advertisement