Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Video of ATM fraud..Beware!!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Bradidup

I thought Chips in the cards was supposed to stop all that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

that was off a bbc tv show called conning the conmen.

I prefered the story about getting some dealers to supply acid and MDMA for an 8 year olds birthday party :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

the show was called the real hustle, conning the conmen is a different and vastly inferior show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Also the fact that The Real Hustle has Jessica-Jane Clement in it.

jessica.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Caco

I cant understand how this has been going on for ages and people still don't bother checking the ATM's before they use them or even cover their pin!
    Allegedly now though, the conmen are even putting dummy number pads on aswell which store your number when ya put it in so they no longer need cameras!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

havent seen a Mobile Top Up card thing in years :confused! its all bits of paper now!

In the UK the cards are still used quite alot. They have cards you can get now that you give the shopkeeper, they swipe it and automatically 10 euro is put on your account no need for putting in numbers etc. But you need to set the card up to your account first, then you can use it as much as possible.

On topic

I always give the atm I am using a nudge or two before using to see if there is a scimming device over it. Proved very useful once in england when the frontplate came completely dislodged while I was doing this, revealing the real one under it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Daknight

When u took off the skimmer,what did you do? id be afraid someone be around watching.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

there was a group of people behind me, so i stepped away from it and the guy behind me was already ringing the police while i went into the supermarket to tell the manager.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭StephenC_IRL

Bradidup wrote:
    I thought Chips in the cards was supposed to stop all that.

actually it makes it easier, ive played with the ingenico machines you put your card into in shops, and where a decent magnetic card writer is 400 to 500 euro a smartcard writer can be bought for 15 euro on ebay, chip and pin only benefits the banks by them not having to pay out if they use the excuse that you gave out your pin

Advertisement