Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Your opinion on Honda S2000

Options
  • 11-04-2007 2:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭

I'm seriously considering a Honda S2000. Looking for something powerful, RWD and drop-top. Just needs enough room for the golf clubs...

what peoples opinions on these bad boys? Some people suggested to me that its mainly females who drive them?

Is Honda S2000 regarded as M or F car? 24 votes

Male Car?
    0%
    Female Car?
    83%
    NeMiSiSlaykeDukeDreddJHMEGskibumeljonofletchkinkstrTychoCaineDingDongJimmy BottleheadsmashRowley Birkin QCZiabRDuffslickmcvicrebel.ranterGarC77randomerdohc 20 votes
    Who gives a fick? RWD beast fun for all?
    16%
    Atomic PineappleCivilServantMax_DamageHenry Ford III 4 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Drive one, see what you think of it. Image is for insecure people. I'd imagine it'll be a lot of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Female Car?
    I'm seriously considering a Honda S2000. Looking for something powerful, RWD and drop-top. Just needs enough room for the golf clubs...

what peoples opinions on these bad boys? Some people suggested to me that its mainly females who drive them?

Didn't they get Car of the year for the class awhile back?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

Female Car?
    They got it the last 3 years running.
    http://www.topgear.com/content/carsurvey/2006/features/01/1.html

Definitely a man's car IMO....too hardcore for women

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Female Car?
    A man car for sure, too much power for most women (i am not being sexist).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭irishpartyboy

Hopefully doing just that early next week. By all accounts, they're savage although rear end tends to flick out now and again. Sounds great to me.

Also heard 1st hand from a Honda engineer, they're phenomenal cars to drive. Yes they've won Top Gears readers survey 3 years running...

Anan1 wrote:
    Drive one, see what you think of it. Image is for insecure people. I'd imagine it'll be a lot of fun.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Ice_Box

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Supposed to be buckets of high-revving fun. I want one.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

i like them but i dunno if id buy one,

not as substantial looking as a z4 methinks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

I'd have one currently if they weren't so damned outta my budget!
    I'm not a convertable fan at all, but the S2000 will be my exception!!
    120bhp per litre N/A... 9,000 rpm... RWD... digital dash... whats not to like?

@ Cyrus... maybe not, but substantially better value in that you need the 3 litre Z4 to compete, and then compare the buying costs, running costs, servicing costs...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

Female Car?
    It's a Honda. Therefore a good ride.
    One of the few convertables that a man can drive and look cool.

Savage cars, fast, super reliable th only prob is the price.

But a rich golfer like you should have no problem affording one eh :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

Female Car?
    "• The Honda S2000 roadster is the most powerful normally aspirated engine of its capacity currently in series production. It has a 2.0 litre four cylinder VTEC engine delivering a staggering 240 bhp." - source

Cheers for all the replies. I'm considering a 00 or 01, still hefty prices but no kids to worry about just yet so now or never :D

Apparantly plenty of room for golf clubs and laptop, that's about all I need :cool:

http://www0.epinions.com/content_150742470276

Plus early spring is an ideal time to get a drop-top I would imagine.

Last Honda I had was a 99 Civic Vti 3rd door h/b, Irish.. great car loved every minute of it and ultra reliable.... although was hard to shake off the usual boy racer stigma.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Plus early spring is an ideal time to get a drop-top I would imagine. In terms of enjoyment, yes. In terms of price it's the worts time, i'm afraid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭mmenarry

VTEC is love it or hate it. That should be something you take into consideration. The engine does have to be revved (no offence Honda fans) to make the best use of it. If you can live with that, then it's a damn good car.

Alternatives, if you can't live with the screaming engine, are the Z4 (pricey), or a properly turbo'd MX5.

All 3 are great fun to drive, and you're bound to find one in your price range somewhere.

M.

How much are 01 S2000 bad boys retailing for??

I suppose you would be importing it??

Female Car?
    Yeah but the noise a Vtec makes when revving up is damn sexy.

Female Car?
    Yeah but the noise a Vtec makes when revving up is damn sexy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

class car, mans car.

Only convertable i'd drive bar a nice mx5

A mate of a mate just imported one from the UK to sell on. I'd be hoping to get it for a reasonable price... however I've the same concerns as most when importing from the UK re legitimate mileage.
    How much are 01 S2000 bad boys retailing for??

I suppose you would be importing it??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭mmenarry

Vegeta wrote:
    class car, mans car.

Only convertable i'd drive bar a nice mx5

Neither are convertibles, they're both roadsters (i.e. designed from scratch without a fixed roof). Makes a world of difference to the handling.

Pedantic I know :o (as I knew what you meant)

M.

• Advertisement

Is someone gonna answer my question??

How much does it cost to import a 01 s2000 from the uk or japan

Any good links??

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

It's the best car in its class by a mile, great for doing donuts in too, great resale but make sure you buy one with all the spec. I bought a 06 one with a a small bit of damage on it at Christmas in the U.K. and I was sorry to see it go, a beautiful car to drive, city or open road. I'd even consider buying one to keep, and that's saying something.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

If you want one and can afford it then go out and buy it. Who gives a toss if some people think of it as a girl's car, that's their problem to get over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭exactiv

Have baby, grandmother & mother. Will trade for honda S2000. PM me.

Advertisement