Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Squash Court in Kilkenny

Options
  • 11-04-2007 3:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭

Hi All,

I was wondering if anybody could please tell me if there is a squash court or squash club in Kilkenny ? I think there is one in Thurles and Carlow but I'm living in Kilkenny now and would like to play it there.

many thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I know the army barracks has one but I'd guess its not open to civilians. I could swear there's one elsewhere...

/racks brains

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

Used to be one beside the St Kierans College Gym,again dont know if its open to the public.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

There's those dodgy ones outside down by the river..... basically it's a wall.

John

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

They're handball courts, not squash courts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

The one in the Barracks is open to the public but you have to join and get an ID card before you can get in past the gate. I used to play there years ago. I'll find out who the contact is now and get back to you.

I think there is a squash court at James Stephens GAA club house too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭windy bee

Thanks a million for all the info, the handball courts down by the water barracks have been home to many a teenage conception I'd say!! If there's one in the army barracks or the village club that would be great, cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Windy Bee - I sent you a private message with the contact details for the squash club in the army barracks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 HeLlDoItHeCrAzY

theres squash courts in the kierans college gym.. whether theres a club or no, I dont know

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭manus30

the squash courts in the barracks are open to members. you can join by calling into bretts hardware in john street. michael brett runs the squash club and you can pay your membership there. its very cheap and the facilities are good. some good players there too. pm me if you want more info or contacts for games..

Advertisement