Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iraq steadily getting worse

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Botany Bay

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Botany Bay
    Indeed sarchasm is the best form of response to incredible levels of ignorance/stupidity!!

I don't know what sarchasm is, but you certainly wear your anti american views like a uniform. If you could just suspend your belief that America is the great satan for a moment, you will see its not all doom and gloom in Iraq.

Ahhhaaaaa!! It seems you infer an awful lot from my posts. Just for the record i don't regard America as the "Great Satan" but do reserve the right to point out the blatantly obvious. I don't even need to comment on the situation in Iraq, one only needs the most basic level of observation and reasoning to understand that its a complete mess.

Taking the piss to a degree. But at the same time I was being accused of "ignorance/stupidity" by someone who can can't use a spell checker.

Well we all make the odd spelling mistake, fortunately enough most aren't pedantic enough to go around correcting one another every time it happens. As for accusing you of being ignorant/stupid, well your posts speak for themselves in that regard. Also im not even close to being an extreme left-winger, like you brand so many who post here. I wonder if you even now the difference between the right/left political persuasions!??

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Akrasia wrote:
    You really need to educate yourself mate. All that fox news is melting your brain
    ...I was being accused of "ignorance/stupidity" by someone who can can't use a spell checker.
    One more crack like these from either of you and there will be bans. Take a deep breath, think before you post and discuss the topic rationally.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

I only bothered posting because I found it sickening watching every extreme left winger in here high fiving and back slapping each other over how great it was that iraq was "getting steadily worse".

On a related note, I recall seeing a post on a board dedicated to a certain left-wing American political party where the chap was expressing concern that the surge appeared to be working, with the number of killings down on the previous month. He was more worried about how a positive result would affect the chances of his party in the next elections than whether or not it would result in a decrease in the killings.

Interesting set of priorities.

NTM

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

any chance of a link? Not that I don't believe you, I'd just be interested in seeing the thread.

Oh and Sesshoumaru, I think you'll find that sarchasm is the gap between someone that gets it and someone that doesn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭Sesshoumaru

edanto wrote:
    any chance of a link? Not that I don't believe you, I'd just be interested in seeing the thread.

Oh and Sesshoumaru, I think you'll find that sarchasm is the gap between someone that gets it and someone that doesn't.

oh I can feel the love radiating towards me :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Meh, it's on Democraticunderground somewhere, and the post has got to be a month old by now. I doubt it'll be easy to find.

NTM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

and thats very important for extreme left wingers I'm sure, being right that is. More important than Iraq getting a decent shot at becoming a stable democracy.

You don't need to be an "extreme left winger" to point out the blatantly obvious, particularly when even those spouting propaganda to gain support for the invasion knew well that they were lying through their teeth but didn't give a damn as long as it got them enough support to go ahead!

Speaking for myself, I'm not gloating that Iraq is a disaster; even if it were a "success". Surely the measure of "success" requires a defined goal - like "revenge for Iraq involvement in 9/11" - oops, there was none, or "seizing and destroying the WMDs" - ooops, there were none, so "overthrowing Saddam and installing a democracy" was way down the line and was only added as an afterthought when the lies were uncovered, so even if there were no atrocities being committed there, no-one can even decipher whether or not it would be a "success".

If you read my post, you'll see that I wasn't gloating at all; I was even wondering out loud why the coverage of Virginia Tech was front-page news while the ongoing daily deaths in Iraq are considered non-events by the Western media.

If people knew how much of a f**k up it was, they wouldn't be gloating, but they'd be even more astonished and vocal about how badly the American "leadership" screwed up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭sovtek

On a related note, I recall seeing a post on a board dedicated to a certain left-wing American political party where the chap was expressing concern that the surge appeared to be working, with the number of killings down on the previous month. He was more worried about how a positive result would affect the chances of his party in the next elections than whether or not it would result in a decrease in the killings.

Interesting set of priorities.

NTM

That might be the concern of one person with some serious issues. However I haven't heard anyone that was against invading Iraq who wants the mess to go on any longer nor do they want to see the slaughter of Iraqis and American soldiers that happening now. It's actually a majority held opinion in America. Those who support this idiocy are in the minority.
    There is reason to hope that the idiots that started this crap would fail to exhert their control over Iraq because that would up the hubris factor for them and Iran would already have big white toothed boys with guns there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

Obama: "We are one signature away from ending the Iraq War"

re bush veto,why does he need to veto a non binding part of teh bill yeah right the dems plans include leaving 10s of thousands of troops in Iraq , in barracks which will inevitably lead to the increase in airpower use. and we all know what barracks towns are like reading the description of the fallejah like ghetto tactics moving to the capital city with walls and checkpoint with bioID for everyone who wants to come and go...

ahh freedom make me think of warsaw during ww2...

the dems have no intention of leaving Iraq, obama just made speech promising to increase the military by 100,000

meanwhile in the US anti-abortionist are laying bombs and militias are getting raided http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,268726,00.html and there the ultra conservative suicide shooters

Advertisement