Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ugg boots

• 11-04-2007 6:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭

i'm looking to buy some ugg boots for my gf. i'm hoping all you fashion conscious people can tell me a good place to get them without breaking the bank.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Fitzpatrick's do them, there's one on Grafton Street. To the best of my knowledge there's more than one place in the Dundrum Shopping Centre that sells them, I'm fairly certain Office does at least.

As far as buying them from a brick and mortar establishment is concerned, I don't think there's a huge amount, if any, wiggle room with regard to the price. I don't really know if it's a good idea or not to order them off the internet, I'd imagine it's a minefield of taxes, customs charges and delivery fees though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

The tall boots cost €235 here and the short boots are around €195 (I think). You can get them in Fitzpatricks in Dundrum and Grafton St like grimloch said as well as any Office store.

UGG Australia are very big fitting as well just to let you know. They can be between half and one size bigger than what would normally be the case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

tinkerbell wrote:
    The tall boots cost €235 here and the short boots are around €195 (I think). You can get them in Fitzpatricks in Dundrum and Grafton St like grimloch said as well as any Office store.

UGG Australia are very big fitting as well just to let you know. They can be between half and one size bigger than what would normally be the case.
    are these boots lined with gold???

i think i'll look for them on the net. even with taxes and delivery etc i don't think anything could match that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

I don't want to turn this thread into a 'Uggs are gay' thread but now that you know where to get them. I'm just wondering - did your girlfriend ask for these? Or is it a surprise gift? Because if it's the latter than you can get her far nicer boots for that price. IMO you should try get her a nicer pair of boots that not everyone will be wearing at the same time as her everytime she walks out the door. Just a bit of advice! ;) Uggs are incredibly comfortable though, so they are worth the price...kind of!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

meh, I love my UGGs, they are super comfy and lovely. I don't care that a million other girls have them either, what matters is that I like them :)

Although Killaqueen has a point - if she didn't ask for them or hasn't hinted, then maybe you shouldn't because ya either love them or hate them!

And no - they ain't worth the €235 that you pay for them over here. Mine cost about $145 in the US, bargin!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

Uggs for summer? Like buying someone ski pants for summer. Odd choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Maybe a gift voucher for the shoe store and go with her to choose a style she might prefer. What size shoe is your girlfriend?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Those damn boots are most certainly not "gay", they're dreadful, a gay person wouldn't be caught dead in them! ;)

I've never seen a pair that actually fitted someone properly either, they always look like like they're walking on the side of the boot!

90% of men I have seen wearing them are homosexual. FACT. You have not seen a single person wearing Ugg boots and walking on the side of them. FACT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

FX Meister wrote:
    90% of men I have seen wearing them are homosexual. FACT. You have not seen a single person wearing Ugg boots and walking on the side of them. FACT.

Constant exclamatory use of the word FACT in posts is profoundly annoying. "FACT"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

stovelid wrote:
    Constant exclamatory use of the word FACT in posts is profoundly annoying. "FACT"

FX Meister is annoying, FACT

Watch what you are saying KTRIC, your comments could be construed as racist. FACT. I'm not annoying, you just think I am as I'm probably cleverer than you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭rediguana

I thought only girls wore Ugg boots? As with everything, they look sexy on girls who already looked sexy to begin with. If you don't fall into this category, you may come across as someone on her way home to her igloo.

OP, I have no idea where you'd get them. It's a minefield buying clothes for girls though. Just get her a voucher and give her a massage.

FX Meister wrote:
    I'm not annoying,

I beg to differ

OP, here's another thread on ugg boots:

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055047984

FX Meister wrote:
    Watch what you are saying KTRIC, your comments could be construed as racist. FACT. I'm not annoying, you just think I am as I'm probably cleverer than you.

Can you use your super intelligence to point out the racist part of my comment for the rest of the readers ??

I am of black descent, my black father says fact all the time, it's just something he picked up when learning the language here. I picked this habit up from him. You are saying I am annoying because of the language I use, which I use because I come from black origins. Therefore your comment on me being annoying is a racial slur against me. But you had no idea of this, so your rascism is based on ignorance, as most rascism is. FACT.

FX Meister wrote:
    I am of black descent, my black father says fact all the time, it's just something he picked up when learning the language here. I picked this habit up from him. You are saying I am annoying because of the language I use, which I use because I come from black origins. Therefore your comment on me being annoying is a racial slur against me. But you had no idea of this, so your rascism is based on ignorance, as most rascism is. FACT.

Oh sorry, you're father isn't from the Abuja O'Rourke's is he ? I should have guest , seeing as O'Rourke is such a "black" name :rolleyes:

Keep taking the pills Jim, let me know how you get on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

FX Meister wrote:
    please tell me you're joking. are you seriously saying that its possible to be racist against someone even if you have no idea they are of a different race?

is everyone who calls you annoying racist? are people not allowed consider those of a different race annoying, even if they have no idea that they are of a different race?
    I don't want to turn this thread into a 'Uggs are gay' thread but now that you know where to get them. I'm just wondering - did your girlfriend ask for these? Or is it a surprise gift? Because if it's the latter than you can get her far nicer boots for that price. IMO you should try get her a nicer pair of boots that not everyone will be wearing at the same time as her everytime she walks out the door. Just a bit of advice! ;) Uggs are incredibly comfortable though, so they are worth the price...kind of!
    she specifically asked for them. my gf doesn't give a crap that everyone has them. she already has a pair that she only wears around the house because they're comfortable. she need new ones because she's worn them out

the other day i saw 6 teenage girls walking down the street all wearing identical ugg boots. it was gas looking

KTRIC wrote:
    Oh sorry, you're father isn't from the Abuja O'Rourke's is he ? I should have guest , seeing as O'Rourke is such a "black" name :rolleyes:

Keep taking the pills Jim, let me know how you get on.
    His name isn't Abuja, and my name isn't O'Rourke. FACT
    Did you read my occupation in my profile too? Better watch out so.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭ellenmelon

FX Meister wrote:

settle, no need to go threatening people. you're on "fashion and appearance" not "angry buggers with nothing better to do". if you're not going to post anything helpful dont post at all.

• Advertisement

FX Meister wrote:

Please.Go.Away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

FX Meister wrote:

banned for threatening another boards user.

FACT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

banned for threatening another boards user.

FACT

WWM is gas. FACT.

FX Meister wrote:

by the way, next time you make a claim and then state 'fact', back it up. id like to see where you got your 90% of ugg boot wearers from.

eo980 wrote:
    WWM is gas. FACT.

yes.

yes i am.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 268 ✭✭dublad23

I have never seen Men wear UGG Boots - Does the Ugg come from the word Ugly.

They are horrendous - very trailer trash in my opinion.

Anytime myself and my friend see them - usually on a 5ft 4, 10 stone girl we Shudder!

Everyone is wearing them nowadays so they are not fashion and that is

FACT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Every Ugg boot thread always ends in an argument. FACT!

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭anniehoo

FX Meister wrote:

Eh...whats the craic with this eejit? Stop sh*t stirrin' its boring and annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭chris_oc

can someone please tell me what the hell ugg boots are?!

agree wit ktric by the way.and im not racist or ignorant buddy.
    that last comment was the biggest loada cheese ive ever read,hope you werent serious coz then id really feel sorry for you...:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

http://www.uggaustralia.com/ProductDetails.aspx?gID=w&categoryID=283&productID=5815&model=Classic+Tall

a certain brand of boot. people often mistake the style of the boots to be an ugg boot but like a trainer is not a nike.

you'll often see girls wearing the knock offs that make them walk like penguins.

Advertisement