Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

over 23 - do I have to apply as a mature student?

Options
  • 11-04-2007 6:16pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭

I didn't have all the stuff I needed to apply before 1st of feb, but I assumed that i'd be able to submit a regular application (not on basis of mature years) before may 1st, like anyone.. but if I'm reading the cao website cirrectly ( a tad late..) if I am over 23, I have to apply as a mature student and as such have missed my application date by over two months now...

is this right? do I have the option of just not checking the mature box?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

It might be worth a try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭ainemolloy1

From what I can remember if you have the correct points for the current year then you are probably ok, but if not then you are deemed mature. Contact the institution, as their funding for traditional v's mature is separate as far as I know so it depends, they have a lot of leeway, don't worry though as all you have to do is write a begging letter and (most important) do a decent interview, coming accross as genuine,realistic and determined. Institutions have more funding then they used to so are more sympathetic, this of course depends on the institution, the course and your situation. If you are from Ailesbury Rd. & have been sitting on your a$$ dossing for the last 4 years then you better have a good story...
    hope this helps

Advertisement