Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gas boiler making high pitched noise?

Options
  • 11-04-2007 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭

Hi all,
    my gas boiler has started making a high pitched/whistling noise now and again, the whole system is 4 months old, its a Potterton boiler, could it be something like the exhaust fan bearing? or is there such a part?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

It could be anything ,if your living in a hard water area ,make sure the heating system was treated with x200 or similar.

It could be the fan making noise also,which theres not much you can do about.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

You could try a few things. Turn off the pump and see if the noise persists. Turn off the gas and check for the noise on start up. Make sure that you have sufficient water pressure in the system. My system makes a high pitched noise when the pump is turned to it's highest setting - but it heats the house more effectively so I just live with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭SuperSean11

Lower the pressure

Advertisement