Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Would it be really stupid...

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,501 ✭✭✭✭fits

Battery was dead when we tried to start it. Then the starter sounded very harsh when we did get it going. Boot/bumper was a small bit out of line as well so it got a small tip there. Added to that there was no service history and a few scratches on it. It probably wasnt the worst example, but I think I can get a better one.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Yep sure shop around. No shortage of them and can be got for half nothing.

Well head ruled heart in the end, and I've agreed to buy the 323. It was well looked after, well serviced and in great condition.
    The two rovers and the almera I looked at all had taken minor bumps. I went to see another 45 today, and it was an awful car... brakes seized, clutch would need replacing soon, engine was oily, and a few deep scratches, rear bumper was falling off... I just couldnt find a decent example of the 45 this week, and I'm kind of in a rush to change the car.
    323 hatch shape suits my needs a lot better as well....

maybe next time...

Well as long as you're happy. No point buying car fallign apart, that goes for any make.
    Enjoy it :)

Webmonkey wrote:
    Well as long as you're happy. No point buying car fallign apart, that goes for any make.
    Enjoy it :)

Cheers!
    The heart is a little heavy, but I know I made the right decision. Dont know where I'll be in 6 months, so resaleability was another concern. That said, if I'd seen a nice 45 I would have bought it.
    Anyway the 323 hatch is quite a nice car, and I think it looks well enough, not as bland as the saloon, its navy black in colour... I just hope that 1.3 engine gets me up the hills.

• Advertisement

Yep well good luck with it anyways.

Maybe your next car might be something like what i'm getting next, an MG ZS. Scarce out but a lovely car imo

371621097a4055241540b446673274l.jpg

Advertisement