Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

spektrum radios.

Options
  • 11-04-2007 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭

Guys there was a thread here a few months back with regards to spektrum radios and getting them cleared to use in ireland legally, Can anyone help me out as i would like to find out a contact to get such kits cleared for on road cars. Any help would be great

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Try Comreg for a start.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭syl77

We got the DX7 radio cleared for RC heli/plane flying. We first brought it up at a MACI meeting then went to the department of communications where by we had to submit its manual and other technical info on how the 2.4ghz is used in the radio. They came back some time later with it cleared.
    This was all done to correspond with MACI insurance. Is such insurance needed for RC car?

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭mugenextreme

what is MACI insurance??

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭loopingfred

That's the insurance (the one you have when you are licenced with a club afiliated to the MACI) you have to fly model airplane.

MACI is the Model Aeronautic Council of Ireland.
    You certainly have the same thing for cars...

And to confirm what Syl77 said, the 2.4Ghz is now legal in Ireland (since last month if I'm right).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

I had a Spektrum radio in my FG Marder, and now have one in my Revo. Highly recommended IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭syl77

That's the insurance (the one you have when you are licenced with a club afiliated to the MACI) you have to fly model airplane.

Heres a question on freds comment, do you have to be a member of a flying club (which is registered with MACI in order to get MACI insurance. The guys were discussing it the other evening and were split between you do and you dont!

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭loopingfred

Good question !..:D
    On the insurance form, you can only register through an afiliated club.
    But I know 1 or 2 guys having the insurance without being in a club, but that can be some exeptions to the rule.
    When I've asked when I arrived in Ireland to be insured, the only condition was for me to be in an afiliated club.

That's one of the reason we have made the ISR club (http://www.islandsloperebels.com) to allow guys who fly gliders alone in the mountains to fly insured.
    No club fees :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

I never even though of checking the legality of my DSM radio. surely they are safer than crystal based systems?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

A 35FM radio does not have to be crystal based technology.

I fly on a Graupner-JR MC22S 10-12 channel transmitter which is 35FM waveband but with synthesizer technology inside.
    So with this I can use my (old!)crystal receivers with xtals, and also my new synthesizer receivers direct with no xtal any channel selectible on 35 A or B waveband.

Advertisement