Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barring with pinky?

Options
  • 11-04-2007 8:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭

What ways are there to increase strength in pinky to be able to bar chords with them. I'm learning Are you dead yet? by children of bodom and theres a part where you use your pinky on 2 strings. are you suppose to use your pinky and how can i get better at it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

i remember barring with the pinky as one of the hardest things to get used to. just gotta keep doing it, you'll build up the strength eventually. could try running up and down the neck just barring notes or something along those lines, or look for other chord voicings that need fretting with the pinky and interchange with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Paolo_M

hey, the best way that i found was to replace your ring finger when doing root/firth power chord stuff with your pinky instead, starting with simple riffs like maybe the chromatic part of for whom the bell tolls and building it up over time. it well worth nailing the pinky strength cos playing two concecutive notes with your ring finger or on a string higher at COB pace is gonna muddy up the sound and you'll loose all the heaviness.

check out this link if you haven't already seen it
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3SogfQF6po&mode=related&search=

keep rockin

Advertisement