Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Great Chris Jericho matches

• 11-04-2007 8:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭

I watched Wrestlemania 19 the other day and it reminded me of what a great wrestler Chris Jericho is. He has had some really brilliant matches over the years. I'm curious as to what you consider to be some of his best ones. Here's what I would say...

vs Shawn Michaels (Wrestlemania 19)

Really great match which stole the show. I'm surprised this match isn't remembered more fondly than it is. I'd regard it as just as good as the HBK/Angle one two years later.

vs Chris Benoit (Royal Rumble 2001)

Great match again. This was the match where Benoit flew out of the ring and took a chairshot and when Benoit was in the Walls on the ladder. I remember watching this on Channel 4 years ago and being blown away by it.

vs Shelton Benjamin (Backlash 2005)

Not many people probably remember this one but I still have it on tape somewhere which is why I do. They opened the show with this match and it was excellent. I think this was the first time Shelton did his leap onto the turnbuckle for the superplex. Jericho gets pinned with a roll-up and the fans still applaud his efforts.

vs Christian (Wrestlemania 20)

I felt this was a very entertaining match. It's probably not remembered for the wrestling due to the ending with Trish's turn but the wrestling was top notch.

vs Lance Storm (ECW One Night Stand 2005)

This was the first match on the card and they put on a quality match. Storm is great here and there's a great atmosphere.

Anyone else got any favourites?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

His matches with the Rock stand out for me especially No Mercy 2001 and Royal Rumble 2002.

Also his match with Triple H at Fully Loaded in 2000 was great too.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Dickmcsavage

I remember him having a good cage match against X-pac a good few years ago. Think it was a no mercy event if im not mistaken.
    The TLC match on smackdown with him and benoit as tag champs stand out for me too.
    Theres actually loads that I just cant think of right now TBH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

He got a damn series of matches out of Kane too.

Some of his WCW stuff was excellent too.

His feud with Perry Saturn was good and as for his feud with Dean Malenko, all I can say is ARMBAR!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

the jericho match that always stands out for me is the one that Mr Nice guy already mentioned.........against the heart break kid at WM
    he has had other GREAT matches in the WWE but when someone mentions jericho to me,that match instantly comes to mind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I don't actually remember that many great Jericho matches. I know he had them, but I can't remember any in any sort of detail at all. I remember really enjoying his WM matches with Christian and HBK though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Other than the HBK match and the ladder match with Benoit (I watched that chair shot repeatedly, completely unable to believe how sick it looked) the Jericho match that stands out for me would have to be his match against Triple H years back during the McMahon-Helmsley era, when he was at best considered a talented mid-carder. I jumped out of my chair when Jericho pinned HHH to win the WWF title, only to have it stripped from him due to a fast count. I can still remember Stephanie throwing the title into the middle of the ring when the ref was down, convinced we were due another screw job finish, only for Jericho to pop up and heel kick The Game. It was one of the most rivetting and dramatic matches I've seen outside of PPV.

Advertisement