Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barber in UCD

• 11-04-2007 9:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭

Has anyone ever used them. Any good like?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭burnedfaceman

dont go near the place they dont call him the butcher of belfield for nothing, honestly speaking from personal experience would steer well clear placec is overpriced and will do a bad job on haircut

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Actually, I have to say I've never had a problem there. It's slightly expensive for a barber shop, but they do a reasonably competent job. Not to mention the fact that they're usually good enough craic.

I used to get my hair cut there a lot, but less so recently. I tend to just get my haircut on impulse, so wherever I happen to be when the urge takes me is where I'll get it done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

If you are looking for anything other than a full-blown scalping, steer well clear of this place.

i came out looking like an Auschwitz survivor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭johnnyflav

Can't say I was too impressed with the job they did on my do. I wouldn't recommend.

They can do an alright buzzcut, but then again so can most people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I go and I get scalped and then i throw a bit of gell in myself. I look like a praticularly stylish auswitz surviver

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭rediguana

I'm usually looking pretty slick coming out of there. I thought the price was par for the course? I get a one or two back and side and a scissors (if anything) on top, marine-style, so it's easy enough to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

They're fairly handy with a razor, but apart from that I'd avoid 'em.
    Fairly sky-high price too, especially for a student rate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Its €12 for a dry cut, the going rate is €15 elsewhere

Now the grafton barber if you go before 12 mon-thur does it for €10 (but since Ive to get two buses, UCD is still cheaper).

I dont do anything fancy, razor on sides and scissor on top. That, they do without problem. I was there yesterday and didnt have to wait at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Its €12 for a dry cut, the going rate is €15 elsewhere

There are some places that charge €8 for a dry cut, at a student rate of course. And you won't look like your being shipped out to 'Nam when your finished either! :D

Advertisement