Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New York

Options
  • 11-04-2007 9:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭

Hey all,
    I'm heading to New York in a few weeks and am looking for any decent stores where I could pick up some action figures (big boys toys) :)

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

google for midtown comics

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

avoid mid town comics, run by a pack of **** - if you must go there ask for william. Go to Jim hanleys universe which is beside the empire state building - best comic book shop in the city, loads of statues and figures. Go to 5th av and 34th [empire state building] then down 33rd street on the oposite side of the empire state building is Jim's.

Also hit up cosmic comics, down on 23rd street between 5th and madison. Its on the 2nd floor, not as big but you get $20 of store credit for ever $100 you spend. Forbidden planet is down on union square [bout a 10min walk from cosmic] oposite the cinema, not good for comics but if its statues/toys your after its good. Also if your into D&D theres a few session on up stairs on saturdays [or at least there use to]

St. Marks comics is down on st. marks place - more for comics then toys but st. marks is good eating/drinking area.

If your looking for anime figures let me know I can give you directions to some places in china town, there harder to find but dirt cheap.

Advertisement