Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Saab 93

Options
  • 11-04-2007 10:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭

I am driving a 1998 saab 93 at the moment and as I love driving it I have decided to keep it little longer. However, my little problem is that there is no cd player in the car and I would really like one. Does any one have any suggestions as to how or where I can get one fitted. There doesn't seem to be any room for one in dashboard.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭patrickc

okgirl wrote:
    I am driving a 1998 saab 93 at the moment and as I love driving it I have decided to keep it little longer. However, my little problem is that there is no cd player in the car and I would really like one. Does any one have any suggestions as to hoew or where I can get one fitted. There doesn't seem to be any room for one in dashboard.

AFAIk halfords will fit them for you if you buy one off them, you may need to buy new facsia from a Saab dealer to replace the gaps around the old radio, if the new one is smaller. where are you based, theres a guy in Gorey too who covers the south east, he can come fit it for you whilst you work even, I've always found him good, I can pass on his details if your in the area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭okgirl

Cheers for that Patrick, but there may be a prob with the display unit. I need to get a specific Saab one. I am based in Wicklow so Gorey would be handy alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭patrickc

details pmed to you okgirl

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

You might be able to pick up a Saab cd player from a scapped 9-3 in a breaker's yard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭Tony Danza

You could buy a portable cd player and an fm transmitter that plugs into the cigarette lighter. It wouldn't look as nice, but would do the job. I picked up a transmitter for about 8 euro, including p&p from e-bay, and it's good sound quality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gyppo

What about this?
    Theres no connecting lead though.

http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=19955&cat=500

Apologies if this is against the rules - If so, I'll delete this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭okgirl

gyppo wrote:
    What about this?
    Theres no connecting lead though.

http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=19955&cat=500

Apologies if this is against the rules - If so, I'll delete this.

thanks for the offer but it won't do. It's not what I am looking for.

Advertisement