Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blue tooth dongle - stupid question

• 11-04-2007 10:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,293 ✭✭✭✭

Got one of these cheap but haven't a f***ing clue what to do with it. I know Im a lamb among lions in here but what would you all suggest (apart from the obvious :D ) I could use it for.

The limit of my knowledge as a non techie is that you plug into the PC and it can transfer signals or something to a mobile phone.

Any (genuine) suggestions would be appreciated

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭nc6000

I have a bluetooth dongle which I use for my bluetooth mouse and for sending stuff to phones etc. It can be very handy for sending images to phones without having to install the software which came with the phone.

Have you got the software etc to install it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

You should stick it where the sun..........:D

Actually, I got one a few weeks ago and have my mobile phone sychronised with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,293 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I have the software but haven't got round to installing it yet.

So you can download a pic and send it to a mobile phone?

Can you download a ringtone for example and do the same?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

I'm still playing with mine. I'll let you know how I get on.

smashey wrote:
    I'm still playing with mine. I'll let you know how I get on.
    Keep me updated about the bluetooth as well :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,007 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Bletooth is great. You can send images, mp3 files and video to your phone and back to the PC. Does your phone support MP3 ringtones?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

You can download pics and ringtones etc and send em to your phone by object push, also i use my bluetooth adaptor to use my phones bluetooth headset with my computer for msn,skype etc

I'll get the software installed tomorrow and Im sure I will be back with a question or two.
    I need to check the phone re MP3 ringtones - its a Samsung S400i or 401i

Thanks for the replies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

I installed one on this machine yesterday, simply to make it handy to send files between the phone and the pc without wires, it's handy because i dont have a media card in the phone which usually makes it handier for transferring.
    It worked without having to install drivers :) good ole Linux :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭Pansy Potter

Its often neater to just plug the Bluetooth dongle into the PC and let Windows use its native drivers to set it up. Sometimes the software supplied with the dongle can be fiddly.
    You will see the bluetooth simple in the systray when its working. Double click it to open and to pair your phone to the PC. When you want to send a picture or tone to the phone simply right click on the file you want and "send to bluetooth device" will be an option.

• Advertisement
Advertisement