Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 months left...any tips on what we should be doing??

Options
  • 11-04-2007 10:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Hey guys!!
    Well to be fair I haven't been stressing out too much about studying so far but with only two months left I really want to get a bit more done...so any tips on what we should be doing at this stage and what do people think is going to come up in June??
    Thanks for any help you can give;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,469 ✭✭✭✭cson

Not another "Only 2 months left etc" thread! :eek:

Despite my cynicism, welcome to boards. You may be allowed enter our select family of weirdo's and masochists if you play your cards right.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

Studying maybe?

(Sorry, couldn't help it :p )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

ZorbaTehZ wrote:
    Studying maybe?

(Sorry, couldn't help it :p )

Cramming:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Spank

Cramming? 2 months of cramming? Have you been studying since like 5th year?

Unfortunatly, 'what you should be doing at this stage' is the same as 'what you should have been doing most of the year', so just do whatever you want lol it's all the same material when it comes down to it, all a chance of coming up. Maybe focus on orals for these next few weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭shazzyshaz

umm basically study ur orse off!! 54 days to go now!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

You'd also need to be more specific on what you wanna get help on, ie what subjects you're doing. No good us telling you what's tipped to come up in history is you're doing geography...

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭JoseJones

Seriously, the best advice I can give is CHILL OUT! Don't stress, because I guarantee you you all know people who have spent ridiculous amounts of time "studying" and they are often the ones who mess up on the day because they just freak out. It's so important to be calm, honestly, you will remember everything if you're calm.

Exam papers. And then more of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Mackleton

Definately agree with 2 previous posters. For the next two weeks you should be eating, breathing and sleeping oral stuff, coz thats where people pick up their A grades in French and Irish. Then just stick with exam papers all the way, after all its the same material and the questions cant be all THAT different from last year.

Good Luck :)

But do exam papers only cover stuff thats been asked, not stuff that can or will be asked for the first time:confused:
    i.e they dont cover the whole syllabus.
    If I Study exam papers alone is it enough?

confirm/deny?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Mackleton

I think the papers should be used in conjuction with your textbook, as a guide to the type of questions that are asked. Using them will familiarize you with wording of questions and what topics are important. But as I say, the next years questions cant be wildly different to last years because if they were, no one would be able to do them, its pretty much fact that they cant ask questions outside the syllabus. However at this stage of the game most good teachers will be advising you to concentrate on papers, unless of course your subject's syllabus has changed this year in which case, you pretty much have to stick to the book. Also there are some subjects like maths that should only be studied through papers as the questions rarely change much, stuff like languages is a little less predictable essay topics wise but still papers are the best method from now on, imho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭md99

Really depends on your final grade, someone looking for an A should be studying both the textbook (and revising constantly) and exam papers, if only to assign greater importance to topics which have come up before and frequently before...

If a C or D will do you then knowing only what's come up in the past papers is often a good tactic, that said maths is the exception, when you know the basics it's pretty much all exam paper work...... and a solution book too if it helps.

Thanks, that does make sense when you put it into perspective.

Advertisement