Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Was Just Curious About These Buildings

Options
  • 11-04-2007 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭

The first image below, is that particular building famous for anything? I seem to recall that it had some importance at one time, and not for Robert Emmet but for something else. It's near Thomas Street.

The second building is in the Broadstone area. I think the grounds are a public park, but I was just curious what the building is used for if anything.

Many thanks.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

first is st catherines church, apart from robert emmet being hung drawn and
    quartered there I'm not aware of anything else 'important' about it.

second is kings inns on Constitution Hill:
    http://www.kingsinns.ie/website/heritage/heritage.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Ahh thanks very much for the information. I don't have to be curious anymore!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

Next time anyone is passing Kings Inn on Constitution Hill in Broadstone have a look at the large tree just on the left inside the gate. the tree has grown around a park bench and it looks like the bench has kinda grown out of the tree.

Advertisement