Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Bundles Question

Options
  • 12-04-2007 2:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭

Hey I'm new to this broadband thing and it's pretty confusing. I'm interested in this Eircom bundle package but would there be any additional hidden charges. I *think* this price is including line rental. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
    Eircom broadband always on 2MB & eircom talktime anytime

Order before July 2nd 2007 and get:
    * FREE Connection worth €29.99 (inc VAT).
    * FREE Wireless modem worth €98.99 (inc VAT).

Eircom broadband home plus gives you:
    * Always on eircom broadband with speeds of 2MB downstream and 256k upstream*
    * Monthly megabyte allowance: 20 GB download / unlimited upload.
    * Technical support number: low-call 1890 260 260.**

Talk while you surf with eircom talktime anytime:
    * Talk more often with unlimited local and national calls anytime of the day or night***
    * Get 5% off calls to mobiles, 10% off calls to international mobiles anytime.
    * 10c a minute calls to Britain & US plus 20% off all other calls abroad anytime.
    * Make the most of free fixed to fixed texts and 5c texts to mobiles.
    * Missed a call? eircom mailbox will take it for you.

*These speeds are not guaranteed as eircom broadband is rate adaptive i.e. a distance dependant technology.
    **Calls are charged at local rates. VAT is quoted at 21%.
    *** Hang up and redial after 59 minutes. If you exceed 60 minutes with a phone call, you will be charged the standard rate for local and national calls. Prices quoted apply to standard single lines only.

Monthly rental: €59.99 (including VAT)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭mikeruurds

That price should include line rental.

Do yourself a favour and check the BT package. It should be cheaper and has an additional 10GB of download capacity per month (30GB).

I've been with BT for almost two years now and their product has been great. Invoicing and setup of service was crap, but everything has been great since.

Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Cheaper packages (some of which don't need a phone line) are from €19.95.

Almost €60 a month (And line rental will be going up) is not the best value.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

mikeruurds wrote:
    That price should include line rental.

Do yourself a favour and check the BT package. It should be cheaper and has an additional 10GB of download capacity per month (30GB).

I've been with BT for almost two years now and their product has been great. Invoicing and setup of service was crap, but everything has been great since.

Mike

No recommendation for BT should be made without warning the potential customer to do a search in the forum for the many other threads on BT.

And up to now anyways Eircom have not apparently enforced the download caps.

The various Eircom bundles include line rental but there is nothing at all stopping you ringing them to make sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭mikeruurds

dub45 wrote:
    No recommendation for BT should be made without warning the potential customer to do a search in the forum for the many other threads on BT.

And up to now anyways Eircom have not apparently enforced the download caps.

The various Eircom bundles include line rental but there is nothing at all stopping you ringing them to make sure.

Hi Dub45 :D I'm hoping you saw that I warned that "Invoicing and setup of service was crap". If you search back on this forum you'll see my post going back a while titled "My BT setup hell" or something like that where I indicated that it took them 11 weeks and numerous failed order attempts to get up and running. It was a memorable post becuase it had over 400 replies as other people with similar problems kept bumping it after my problem was solved.

Once you get the kinks worked out it's a great service with 10GB additional download cap and it's cheaper.

My .02c

Mike

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

mikeruurds wrote:
    Hi Dub45 :D I'm hoping you saw that I warned that "Invoicing and setup of service was crap". If you search back on this forum you'll see my post going back a while titled "My BT setup hell" or something like that where I indicated that it took them 11 weeks and numerous failed order attempts to get up and running. It was a memorable post becuase it had over 400 replies as other people with similar problems kept bumping it after my problem was solved.

Once you get the kinks worked out it's a great service with 10GB additional download cap and it's cheaper.

My .02c

Mike

The point is that you should not have to get the kinks worked out and sadly a lot of people apparently never succeed in getting the 'kinks' worked out!

• Advertisement
Advertisement